[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Town of Elsmere 9-8-2012 by Ord. No. 541. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The terms used in this chapter shall be defined as follows:
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any self-propelled device capable of being moved upon a road or other surface by which any persons or property may be transported and shall include but not limited to automobiles, boats, trucks, motorcycles, motor scooters, jeeps or similar type four-wheel-drive vehicles and snowmobiles.
- All public parks, plazas, public squares, playgrounds, activity centers, library and public buildings, designated open spaces, lands and other facilities or lands owned and operated by the Town and/or jointly owned and operated by the Town and other designated entities and shall include within any motor vehicle, trailer, concession stand or other structure located within a portion of any park.
- All persons, firms, partnerships, corporations, clubs and all associations or combinations of persons whenever acting for themselves or by an agent, employee or member.
- SMOKING OR USING A TOBACCO PRODUCT
- The carrying or smoking of any kind of lighted pipe, cigar, cigarette or any other lighted smoking equipment as well as the use of any other tobacco products.
- Any piece of work artificially built up or composed of parts jointed together in some definite manner.
No person shall smoke or use a tobacco product in any of the Town's parks or any structure located within a park or within 50 feet of any entrance or exit to any public library, public building or facility owned and operated by the Town and/or jointly owned and operated by the Town and other designated entities.
Any person violating any section of this chapter shall for a first offense be fined no less than $50 and upon a second or subsequent offense shall be fined not less than $100.