[Adopted 12-27-2010 by Ord. No. 2010-20]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- A parcel of land occupied or proposed for occupancy by one main building, together with the accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to it, and including such open spaces as are required under this article, which parcel of land has its principal frontage on a public street of record.
- LOT, CORNER
- A lot abutting on two or more streets at their intersection.
- LOT DEPTH
- The mean horizontal distance between the front and rear lot lines.
- LOT, INTERIOR
- A lot other than a corner lot.
- LOT LINES
- The lines bounding a lot as defined herein.
- LOT, THROUGH
- An interior lot having frontage on two streets.
- LOT WIDTH
- The mean width of a lot measured at right angles to its depth.
Adjustments to two lots or fewer shall be permitted pending City Engineer approval.
Alteration of lot size shall require a permit. A licensed surveyor retained by the owner, corporation or corporate entity shall apply for the permit. The licensed surveyor shall provide documentation to the City Engineer that he/she has been retained to do the same.
A permit fee of $500 shall be paid to the Department of Finance prior to the commencement of the lot alteration.
For subdivision or unification of more than two lots, the permit fee shall be paid along with an additional cost of $200 per lot line adjustment.
Upon the licensed surveyor's completion of the alteration of lot size, the licensed surveyor shall submit to the City Engineer a certified map of the lot line adjustment, or a property map shall be delivered to Department of Engineering for review and approval.
Any and all of the above requirements may be waived by the Zoning Officer or Planner upon application for consolidation of contiguous residential lots.
[Added 1-27-2014 by Ord. No. 2014-03]
Failure to comply with the terms of this article shall be a violation as defined by the Penal Law of the State of New York and shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 15 days for each day of violation, or by both such fine and imprisonment, or by a penalty of not less than $350 nor more than $1,000 for each day of violation to be recovered by the City in a civil action.
A separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during or on which noncompliance with the terms of this article occurs or continues unabated after the time limit set for abatement of the violation.
Any person issued a notice of violation pursuant to any provision of this article shall be subject to an administrative fee of $50, and such administrative fee shall be charged against the land upon which the notice of violation was issued as a municipal lien, or such administrative fee shall be added to the tax rolls as an assessment or levied as a special tax against said property or recovered in a civil suit against the person to which the notice of violation was issued.