[CC 1994 §84.100; Ord. No. 95.32, 9-18-1995]
When used in this Section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given in this Section.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE OR MATERIAL
- Any waste or material which because of its quantity, concentration or physical chemical or infectious characteristics may:
- 1. Cause or significantly contribute to an increase in mortality or an increase in serious irreversible or incapacitating reversible illness; or
- 2. Pose a substantial present or potential hazard to human health or to the environment when improperly treated, stored, transported, disposed of or otherwise managed.
- REGULATORY AGENCY
- Any governmental agency with jurisdiction over hazardous waste as defined herein.
- SANITARY LANDFILL
- A disposal site where solid wastes, including putrescible wastes, or hazardous wastes are disposed of on land by placing earth cover thereon.
- The upper terminal of a well, including adapters, ports, seals, valves and other attachments.
[CC 1994 §84.200; Ord. No. 95.32, 9-18-1995]
There is hereby established a use district to be known as a Wellhead Protection Zone, identified and described as all the area within a circle the center of which is the center of any City water supply wellhead and the radius of which is thirteen hundred twenty (1,320) feet, or any part thereof which the City has jurisdiction.
[CC 1994 §84.300; Ord. No. 95.32, 9-18-1995]
The following uses shall be permitted within Wellhead Protection Zones:
Any use permitted within existing agricultural, single-family residential, multi-family residential, and commercial districts so long as uses conform to the rules and regulations of the regulatory agencies.
Any other open land use where any building located on the property is incidental and accessory to the primary open land use.
[CC 1994 §84.400; Ord. No. 95.32, 9-18-1995]
The following uses or conditions shall be and are hereby prohibited within Wellhead Protection Zones, whether or not use or condition may otherwise be ordinarily included as a part of a use permitted under Section 725.030 unless such uses are approved or permitted by State and Federal regulatory agencies:
Surface use or storage of hazardous material, including commercial use of agricultural pesticides;
Septic tanks or drain fields, appurtenant thereto;
Impervious surfaces other than roofs of buildings, streets, parking lots, driveways and walks serving buildings permitted under Section 725.030 of this Chapter;
Hazardous waste disposal sites;
Storm water infiltration basins;
Underground storage tanks;
Sanitary sewer lines within one hundred (100) feet of a wellhead.
[CC 1994 §84.500; Ord. No. 95.32, 9-18-1995]
The policies and procedures for administration of any Wellhead Protection Zone established under this Code, including without limitation those applicable to non-conforming uses, exception, enforcement and penalties, shall be the same as provided in the building permit process and future zoning ordinances.