[HISTORY: Adopted by the Council of the Borough of Lansdale as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 12-3-1986 by Ord. No. 1350 (Ch. 87A of the 1972 Code)]
Editor's Note: This ordinance also provided that it shall have an effective date of 1-1-1987.
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Any spirits, wine, beer, ale or other liquid containing more than 1/2% of alcohol by volume which is fit for beverage purposes.
- ON OR ABOUT THE PERSON
- The location of any container, bottle or can containing any alcoholic beverage which is nearby, close at hand, convenient of access and within reach of the party.
- The condition of a container whose cap, cork, top or other closing device has been removed, or the condition of a can which is punctured or pulled open so as to break its seal.
- The exercising of the conscious dominion or control over any container, bottle or can containing an alcoholic beverage.
- PUBLIC PLACE
- Within the street right-of-way of the Borough of Lansdale, including the sidewalk, along with any public grounds owned by the Borough of Lansdale.
No person shall have on or about his person, possess, carry or transport liquor, wine, beer or other alcoholic beverages in opened containers in or about any public sidewalk, street, alley, walkway, public park or playground or any other public place in the Borough of Lansdale. No person shall drink or consume liquor, wine, beer or any other alcoholic beverages in or upon any streets, sidewalks, alleys, walkways, public parks or playgrounds or any other public place in the Borough of Lansdale.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this article shall, upon conviction before any Magisterial District Judge, be subject to a fine for each violation of not less than $25 nor more than $300, together with the costs of prosecution for the violation.
The prohibitions contained in this article shall not apply to any person engaged or participating in any event for which a license has been issued by the Borough of Lansdale or a state or federal government agency permitting the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages in or upon any public place or places in the Borough of Lansdale. The exclusion of the herein section shall be limited to the times and places and subject to the conditions within the license.
A license may be issued by the Mayor or Police Chief to permit the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages on public places at specific times and at specific locations and for specific purposes for the promotion of any public parade, celebration or other similar event. Said license may only be issued upon payment of a fee as set by resolution of the Borough Council and the submission of an application to the Mayor or Police Chief of the Borough of Lansdale. Said application shall include:
The name, address and telephone number of the individual, partnership, corporation or other entity requesting the license.
The purpose for which the license is requested.
The specific times and places for which the application is made.
Any such further information as may be required by the Secretary or Manager of the Borough of Lansdale.
In the event that any of the information provided in said license application is misrepresented or in the event that any type of disturbance is caused in the public area at the event for which the license has been issued, the license may be revoked by the Lansdale Police Department or any officer thereof.