[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Bridgeville as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 12-9-2013 by Ord. No. 13-11]
Any word or term not defined herein shall be used with a meaning of standard usage.
- BIKE PATH/WALK PATH
- A paved path, normally constructed of asphalt, for bicycles/pedestrians constructed through open space or alongside a street or alley.
- A raised line of concrete, stone, or asphalt at and/or forming the edge of the paved roadway.
- A path for pedestrians constructed alongside a street or alley, constructed of concrete, stone, or brick.
- STREET TREE
- A tree installed or maintained in the right-of-way of a street, as defined in Chapter 234 of this Code.
- A sidewalk, bike path, walk path, or swale.
- A low-lying stretch of land characterized as a depression used to carry surface water runoff.
- Town of Bridgeville, Delaware.
Owners of real property containing or abutting a sidewalk, bike path, walk path, or swale, including those structures within the adjacent public right-of-way or upon the owner's property, shall conduct all general maintenance upon such facilities or structures necessary to keep them in good repair, passable, and unobstructed.
Owners of real property shall not plant, disturb, trim or remove any street tree within any street right-of-way abutting his or her property without prior written approval from the Town of Bridgeville Code Enforcement Constable and/or Town Manager.
No debris shall be thrown upon or deposited into the public streets, bike paths or walk paths or into the public storm sewer system.