[Ord. of 4-15-1981(1)]
The Civil Defense Council is created as authorized under § 1606 of the Charter and shall consist of five members who shall be qualified electors of the Town. The members of such Council shall be appointed by the Town Council during the month of December each even-numbered year for a term of two years upon the taking of office of such Councilmembers or until their successors are appointed.
The Civil Defense Council shall have the powers necessary to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of state law. They shall have no authority to spend monies or to contract any indebtedness for or on account of the Town, other than such monies as shall be appropriated and placed at their disposal for the purposes prescribed by state law or by ordinance of the Town Council.