City of Cassville, MO
Barry County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Ord. No. 1792, 7-9-2018]
Combining Of Systems. The Board of Aldermen of the City hereby declares that the Systems shall henceforth be operated as a combined waterworks and sewerage system (the "Combined System"). The Combined System shall include all future improvements or extensions, whether to the waterworks or to the sewerage system, or to both.
Further Authority. The officers, employees and consultants of the City are hereby authorized and directed to take such actions and execute such documents as may be necessary to effectuate the purpose of this Section.
[R.O. 1997 §700.010; CC 1989 §15-1; Ord. No. 801 §7, 7-25-1966; Ord. No. 885 §§1 — 3, 1-10-1978; Ord. No. 1676 §1, 8-15-2011]
An application for water and sewerage services shall be made to the Water Department by the owner or occupant of the property to be served. Upon the approval of such application, such applicant shall have the right to connect with the City's Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System, all costs of such connection to be borne by such applicant. The connection charge shall be paid by any such applicant at the time of his/her application.
The fee for City water service shall be for the setting of the water meter and the hookup to the City water system, and the fee shall be set by the Board of Aldermen.
The fee for City sewer service shall be for the hookup to the City sewer system, and the fee shall be set by the Board of Aldermen.
All fees provided for in this Section shall be paid to the City, and receipt therefor obtained by the applicant, prior to hooking onto the water system or the sewer system of the City.
[R.O. 1997 §700.015; Ord. No. 97-1238 §1, 11-3-1997]
No property shall be connected to the City of Cassville water or sewer works, unless and until said property is within the corporate limits of the City, except as provided below:
Where water distribution or sewer collection mains exist that are capable of serving property not within the corporate limits; and where said property is not contiguous, and therefore cannot be annexed, the property may be connected to the City water or sewer works at the discretion of the Board of Aldermen, when an irrevocable consent agreement to voluntary annexation, and agreement to comply with City zoning and building regulations are executed by the property owner.
The City may, at its option, terminate service at any time.
[R.O. 1997 §700.020; CC 1989 §15-2; Ord. No. 801 §9, 7-25-1966; Ord. No. 965 §8, 9-11-1984; Ord. No. 967 §§1 — 2, 1-1-1985; Ord. No. 1699 §1, 12-10-2012]
Water service shall be supplied only through water meters meeting the City's specifications. Except as otherwise provided in this Section, the City shall not provide water or sewerage service to any residence, group of residences, commercial business or industry unless such residence or business has an individual meter. In case of multi-unit residential dwellings, water service is billed per meter installed.
[R.O. 1997 §700.030; CC 1989 §15-3; Ord. No. 1157 §1, 9-12-1994; Ord. No. 1527 §1, 4-2-2007; Ord. No. 1676 §1, 8-15-2011]
Each residential applicant for a water meter will be required to place a deposit with the City of Cassville per the following schedule:
One hundred dollars ($100.00) for residential (owner-occupied) account.
One hundred dollars ($100.00) for business account [usage less than ten thousand (10,000) gallons per month].
Fifty dollars ($50.00) for landlord account.
One hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) for residential (rental) account.
Commercial/industrial account [usage over ten thousand (10,000) gallons per month]: deposit equal to estimated average monthly usage for industry.
Upon request for termination of service, the amount so deposited will be returned to the depositor, provided all water and sewerage charges due the City are currently paid in full. If there are water or sewerage fees due the City, the amount of such fees will be first deducted from the deposit and the balance thereof, if any, returned to the depositor upon termination of service.
The minimum deposit is required for all new accounts regardless of past payment history. The City may, at its option, require a water account deposit of two hundred dollars ($200.00) for residential (owner-occupied) and business accounts; one hundred dollars ($100.00) for landlord accounts and three hundred dollars ($300.00) for residential (rental) accounts for any user that has left an unpaid past due account or who has previously had a bad payment history for utilities with the City of Cassville. Bad payment history includes later payments, returned checks, or shutoffs within twelve (12) consecutive months.
[R.O. 1997 §700.040; CC 1989 §15-4; Ord. No. 575 §I, 4-29-1958]
All taps on City water mains owned by the City and all water meters set by the City shall be set at a point at the nearest curb to the water main.
[R.O. 1997 §700.050; CC 1989 §15-5; Ord. No. 575 §II, 4-29-1958]
The property owner shall receive water service at the meter, and all installation charges from the meter to the water user's property shall be at the expense of the water user.
[R.O. 1997 §700.060; CC 1989 §15-7; Ord. No. 704 §2, 1-19-1960]
It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully break up or destroy any portion of a street of the City for the purpose of laying water or sewer pipes, unless he/she shall have first made a deposit as required in Section 507.010.
[R.O. 1997 §700.070; CC 1989 §15-8; Ord. No. 704 §3, 1-19-1960]
The Public Works Director or his/her authorized representative shall make an inspection of each connection made to the water and sewage lines of the City prior to the time that such connection is covered. The Director shall determine if such connections are properly made. Should they be improperly made, he/she shall have the right to make such alterations as he/she may deem necessary at the expense of the person making such connection.
[R.O. 1997 §700.080; CC 1989 §15-9; Ord. No. 704 §4, 1-19-1960]
All open ditches and dangerous conditions that arise out of connections made to the sewer lines of the City shall be lighted and guarded in such a manner as to provide a proper warning to motorists, pedestrians and other persons of the dangerous conditions. Such warning and guarding shall be the responsibility of the person making the connection and not the responsibility of the City.
[R.O. 1997 §700.090; CC 1989 §15-10; Ord. No. 801 §9, 7-25-1966]
No free water sewerage service shall be furnished to any premises, or the owner or occupant thereof, except to the City itself. If the revenues derived by the City from its Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System shall at any time prove insufficient to pay the cost of maintenance and operation thereof and to pay the interest on and principal of the Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System revenue bonds of the City issued to construct, extend or improve such system or any part thereof, and to establish and maintain reasonable reserves as provided in the ordinance authorizing the issuance of such bonds, then the City shall thereafter pay a fair and reasonable charge for all water and sewerage services, or water service, or sewerage service, furnished the City or any of its departments by the Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System, and such payments shall continue so long as the same may be necessary in order to prevent any default in the payment of the interest on or principal of the Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System revenue bonds of the City or while any such default shall exist.
[R.O. 1997 §700.100; CC 1989 §15-12; Ord. No. 801 §10, 7-25-1966]
It shall be unlawful for any person to tamper with any water main, water meter or sewer line, or to make any connection to the Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System of the City, without written permission from the City, or to reconnect service when service has been discontinued for nonpayment of a bill for service until such bill, including the reconnection charge, has been paid in full.
Any person who violates this Section shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.
[R.O. 1997 §700.110; CC 1989 §15-13; Ord. No. 1091 §3, 3-9-1992]
Any person or persons making application and submitting plans for an extension to water and sewer mains of the City shall include in such plans an easement for construction and maintenance of such lines to provide for future extensions beyond their actual construction. The easements are to provide for orderly and continuous extensions to adjoining property owners.
For sewer extensions, easements shall be granted that will allow for access from all natural drainage areas, or future development at the best location as determined by the City Engineer.
Application for extensions will not be approved unless dedication for easements is included in submission of engineered plans.