[Adopted 7-5-2016 by Ord. No. 2016-09 (§ 31.41 of the Village Code)]
The purpose of this article is to protect the health, welfare, and safety of the public and to reduce littering upon public grounds by prohibiting the use of smoking-related products and electronic smoking devices within and upon all Village public parklands and trails.
The following terms, whenever used in this article, shall have the meanings set forth below:
- ELECTRONIC SMOKING DEVICE
- Includes any such device, whether manufactured, distributed, marketed, or sold as an e-cigarette, e-cigar, e-pipe, e-hookah, or vape pen, or under any other product name or descriptor. E-cigarettes shall include any product containing or delivering nicotine or any other substance intended for human consumption that can be used by persons to simulate smoking through inhalation of vapor or aerosol from the product.
- PUBLIC PARKLANDS AND TRAILS
- All public parks, parkways, trails, or other lands owned by or leased to the Village of Allouez for recreational purposes.
- SMOKING-RELATED PRODUCTS
- All items that produce smoke that may be inhaled or ingested, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, and pipes.
The use of smoking-related products and electronic smoking devices shall be prohibited on all Village public parklands and trails.
Any person violating the provisions of this article shall be subject to the penalties imposed by § 1-3 of the Allouez Village Code.