Town of Randolph, MA
Norfolk County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town of Randolph 4-18-1995 ATM by Art. 8, approved 10-27-1995. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Property maintenance — See Ch. 147.
[Amended 3-10-2014 by Ord. No. 2014-006]
Herbicides may be used to control nuisance, hazard, detrimental or invasive vegetation on Town owned properties under the approval of the Randolph Conservation Commission.
Operational guidelines.
Only the most current USEPA/MA DAR/DEP approved herbicides are authorized for use.
Application must be conducted by a qualified licensed applicator.
Application of herbicides must be conducted in such a manner that the delivery to the target vegetation is optimized and delivery to non-target vegetation and the environment is minimized.
The licensed applicator must comply with all appropriate state and federal laws and regulations regarding application and use.
The chemical application shall be used only when mowing, hand cutting or other methods of management of the subject vegetation have been deemed ineffective or not cost efficient.
The herbicide application may not be completed during a moderate to excessive rainfall or moderate to significant wind drifts.
Any spills shall be contained immediately using best management practices (BMP's) and action must be taken to remediate with absorptive materials.
Special care should be given in sensitive areas to ensure there is no impact to ground or surface water. These areas will be determined by the Conservation Commission.
Any request for use of herbicide on Town owned property must be made by the Town in writing on a form(s) provided by the Conservation Commission.
The Conservation Agent will conduct a site review prior to any application to determine any areas of concern.
The Conservation Commission will issue a written decision listing in detail the requirements and conditions for application.
All professional applicators of herbicide, pesticide, insecticide, fungicide or rodenticide products shall file a form, approved by the Board of Health, with the Town Health Department prior to the application.