[Adopted 12-13-2016 by Ord. No. 2016-5]
The following words and terms shall be defined and have the meanings as set forth below. Where words and terms are not specifically defined below, they shall have ordinarily accepted meanings such as the context implies.
- CAR LOAD
- An amount of waste stored in a car, minivan or sport utility vehicle.
- Any act or part of the act of placing, depositing, dumping or putting waste into any Township waste disposal unit.
- EXCESSIVE LOAD
- An amount of waste stored in any vehicle larger than a pickup truck, including but not limited to trailers, vans and noncommercial dump trucks.
- An individual.
- TOWNSHIP WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT
- Any waste disposal unit, commonly referred to as a dumpster, used for the collection of waste, and which is owned or leased by or under the control of the Township of Raccoon.
- TRUCK LOAD
- An amount of waste stored in a noncommercial, light-duty pickup truck.
- Any noncommercially generated garbage or trash, including but not limited to refuse, paper products, glass, metal, plastics, wood, grass clippings or any other items or things of any kind.
It shall be unlawful for any person not a resident of the Township of Raccoon to dispose of waste into any Township waste disposal unit. A resident of the Township of Raccoon may dispose of waste into any Township waste disposal unit but only to the extent that it is waste the resident generated. It shall be unlawful for a resident of the Township of Raccoon to dispose of waste generated, created or possessed by a nonresident of the Township of Raccoon.
There shall be a fee of $25 per excessive load, $15 per pickup truck load and $10 per SUV/car load disposed of into any Township waste disposal unit. The fees shall be paid to the Township prior to the disposal of waste into the Township waste disposal unit. The Township reserves the right to determine excessive loads.
Any person found to be in violation of any provision of this article shall, upon conviction, pay a fine of not more than $300 and/or be imprisoned for a term not to exceed 90 days, plus costs of prosecution. Such fine shall be in addition to other fines that may be imposed by the ordinances of the Township, and any other civil and/or criminal remedies that may be pursued under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
If any provision or part of this article is adjudged to be invalid or unconstitutional, such adjudication shall not affect the validity of this article as a whole.
This article shall become effective upon enactment hereof.