This chapter will be known as the "Village of Great Neck Environmental Quality Review Law."
The purpose of this chapter is to implement, for the Village of Great Neck, the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations, thereby incorporating environmental factors into existing planning and decision-making processes.
This chapter is adopted pursuant to the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act and the State Environmental Quality Review Regulations.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Environmental Assessment Form.
- Environmental Impact Statement.
- PART 617
- The State Environmental Quality Review Regulations, Part 617 of Title 6, of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York.
- STATE ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY REVIEW ACT (SEQR)
- Article 8 of the Environmental Conservation Law, which is Chapter 43-b of the Consolidated Laws of the State of New York.
All other terms for which definitions are given in the SEQR and/or Part 617 have the same meanings in this chapter.
All agencies, boards, departments, offices, other bodies or officers of the Village must comply with the SEQR, Part 617, and this chapter, to the extent applicable, prior to carrying out, approving or funding any action, other than an exempt, excluded or Type II action.