[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Maple Shade 5-16-1995 by Ord. No. 1995-6 (Ch. 81 of the 1975 Code). Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following terms and words shall have the following meanings:
- COMMUNITY BASED ORGANIZATION
- An organization which has its primary location in the Township of Maple Shade. For purposes of this definition, "primary location" means most of its members reside in the Township of Maple Shade. The term "community based organization" also includes those multimunicipal organizations which have a headquarters in the Township of Maple Shade and which have Maple Shade members.
- MUNICIPAL BUILDING
- The building located at Stiles Avenue, Maple Shade, New Jersey.
- NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- Any nonprofit corporation, partnership, association or organization (whether incorporated or not) which operates not for profit, and for educational, charitable or recreational purposes.
- NONOFFICIAL USE
- Any use of the building which is not official.
- OFFICIAL USE
- Any use of the building by the Township Council, the Planning Board, the Zoning Board of Adjustment or any other governmental organization of the township including, but not limited to, advisory boards and commissions.
- TOWNSHIP SPONSORED
- Any nonofficial organization which receives direct or indirect municipal funding either through the budget or by the use of guaranties.
Areas not permitted for use. The following areas of the Municipal Building shall not be used by any nonofficial organization: Council Chambers, Council Conference Room, Court Room and Administrative Offices. At no time shall any part of the Municipal Building be used by any profit-making organization or enterprise except by way of a written lease for the use of those areas of the Municipal Building set aside for leasehold interests.
Priority. The Municipal Building shall only be used by official organizations or nonprofit organizations in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. The building shall be used in accordance with the following priorities:
Official organizations and official sponsored events shall have first priority.
Nonprofit community based township sponsored organizations shall have second priority.
Nonprofit community based but not sponsored by the township shall have third priority.
Nonprofit not community based and not township sponsored shall have fourth priority.
Any nonofficial organization may apply to use the Municipal Building in accordance with the provisions of this chapter during the hours of operation as otherwise set forth herein, provided that said organizations apply to the Township Manager on forms supplied by the Township Manager. The nonofficial organization may apply for an annual permit which entitles the permittee to unlimited use of the Municipal Building subject to scheduling or an event permit which entitles the permittee to use the building for the event specified only.
The Township Manager shall grant either an annual permit or an event permit depending upon the application. Applications for annual permits shall be filed with the Township Manager no later than December 15 of the prior year. Applications for an event permit shall be filed with the Township Manager no later than 30 days prior to the event.
Hours of operation shall be as follows:
There shall be no alcohol used or consumed, nor shall there be any lewd or lascivious behavior. All users of the building shall comply with all township ordinances and federal and state regulations.
To the extent that an organization has insurance, same shall be provided to the township with the application naming the township as an additional insured.