[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Township of North Brunswick 10-11-2005 by Ord. No. 05-20. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The purpose of this chapter is to establish requirements for the proper disposal of pet solid waste throughout the Township of North Brunswick to protect the public health, safety and welfare and to prescribe the penalties for failure to comply therefor.
IMMEDIATE — The pet solid waste is removed at once, without delay.
- Any person who shall possess, maintain, house or harbor any pet or otherwise shall have custody of any pet, whether or not the owner of such pet.
- Any individual, corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or political subdivision of this state subject to municipal jurisdiction.
- A domesticated animal (other than a disability assistance animal) kept for amusement or companionship.
- PET SOLID WASTE
- Waste matter expelled from the bowels of the pet; excrement
- PROPER DISPOSAL
- Placement in a designated waste receptacle or other suitable container and discarded in a refuse container which is regularly emptied by the Township of North Brunswick or some other refuse collector; or, disposal into a system which is designed to convey domestic sewage for proper treatment and disposal.
All pet owners and keepers are required to immediately and properly disposel of their pet's solid waste deposited on any property, public or private, not owned or possessed by that person.
Any owner or keeper who requires the use of a disability assistance animal shall be exempt from the provisions of this chapter while such animal is being used for that purpose.
This chapter shall be enforced by the Police Department and/or the Board of Health.
Any person(s) found to be in violation of the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a fine not to exceed $500.