[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Paramus 4-30-1996 by Ord. No. 96-10; amended in its entirety 7-23-2013 by Ord. No. 13-24. Subsequent amendments noted where applicable.]
Fees — See Ch. A460.
The following definitions shall apply to the provisions of this chapter.
- ACTIVE MEMBER
- An individual in any volunteer organization who meets the definition of active member as established by the bylaws of the voluntary organization as are in effect on the effective date of this chapter.
- An active member, his or her spouse and all natural or adopted children under 21 years of age who are unmarried and permanently occupying the same residence in the Borough of Paramus.
- Those charges established by the governing body of the Borough of Paramus, County of Bergen.
- Any person who satisfies the definition of "veteran" in N.J.S.A. 11A:5-1 or any person who otherwise served in the military in any war or conflict, as those terms are generally understood under N.J.S.A. 11A:5-1.
- VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATIONS
- The Paramus Volunteer Fire Department, Rescue Squad, Ambulance Corp., Police Reserve and Office of Emergency Management.
All active members of a volunteer organization and their families, and all veterans and their families, shall be entitled to the following benefits:
Exemption from fees for recreational programs conducted within the Borough of Paramus by the Recreation Commission.
Exemption from miscellaneous fees, dog and cat licenses, marriage licenses and yearly membership fees at the Paramus Golf Course in the amount of $30 each.
Exemption from miscellaneous fees at the Municipal Pool in the amount of a fifty-percent discount off the appropriate membership for the members of volunteer organizations.
On or about January 1 of each calendar year each volunteer organization shall submit to the Borough of Paramus a list of all individuals who meet the definition for active member status. Such list shall be updated on a periodic basis by the volunteer organization to add those individuals who have completed their probationary status or to delete individuals who have been dropped from their membership or who no longer met the criteria for active member status.
On a form provided by the Borough Clerk, each active member shall provide information related to family status to assist the various municipal officials in the administration of this chapter in order to be eligible for the benefits provided in this chapter.
All active members and their families must comply with all registration procedures and complete all application forms established by the Borough of Paramus.
Any veteran shall provide proof of military service upon request in order to receive any benefits provided under this chapter.