[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Meeting of the Town of Old Saybrook 11-24-1980 by Ord. No. 39 of the 1980 Code. Amendments noted where applicable.]
It shall be unlawful for any person to loiter upon any quasi-public property.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Encompasses one or more of the following acts committed on quasi-public property within the Town of Old Saybrook:
- A. Obstruction of the free, unhampered passage of pedestrians or vehicles.
- B. Obstructing, molesting or interfering with any person lawfully upon any quasi-public property.
- C. Refusing to move on when so requested by a peace officer, or other officer having the power of arrest, provided that such officer has exercised his or her discretion reasonably under the circumstances, in order to preserve or promote public peace and order.
- QUASI-PUBLIC PROPERTY
- Includes the area in front of or adjacent to any store, shop, restaurant, luncheonette or other place of business and shall also include any parking lots adjacent thereto.
Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall be, upon conviction thereof, fined in an amount not exceeding $100.