[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Westampton 8-18-1983 by Ord. No. 11-1983. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Vehicles and traffic — See Ch. 232.
It shall be unlawful for any person to park any of the following defined recreational vehicles on any street within the Township of Westampton, except in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. The definition of "recreational vehicles" shall not include customized vans or pickup trucks with the top or cap on the rear portion of the pickup truck.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- A watercraft propelled by oars, paddles, sail or power.
- A separate vehicle designed for human habitation and which can be attached to or detached from a pickup truck.
- A vehicular, portable dwelling structure designed to be used for recreational purposes. This includes a travel trailer, so identified by the manufacturer; a pickup camper; a folding tent trailer; and a motorized camper where the camping portion is an integral part of the self-propelled vehicle.
- MOTOR HOME
- A self-contained vehicle designed for human habitation with its own motive power and with a passageway from the body of the home to the driver's and front passenger's seat.
- A vehicle without motive power designed for carrying persons or property on its own and to be drawn by a vehicle with motive power. The term "trailer" shall include but shall not be limited to horse trailers, boat trailers and skimobile trailers.
No person, firm or corporation shall park a recreational vehicle upon any road, street or highway within the Township of Westampton.
It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to remove or cause to be removed the wheels or similar transporting devices from any recreational vehicle or to otherwise permanently affix it to the ground in a manner that would prevent the ready removal of such recreational vehicle without having first obtained a permit from the Construction Official of the township. Any such alteration to any recreational vehicle as above set forth shall be construed as subjecting the same to the requirements of the uniform construction codes and the laws of the State of New Jersey pertaining to said uses.
No recreational vehicle shall be stored in any front yard (however, a front yard does not include a driveway) within any residential zone within the Township of Westampton; provided, however, that said vehicles may be stored within the side yard and within the rear yard of the premises formed by the extension of the side building line to the rear lot line.
Any person, firm or corporation violating any provision of this chapter shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $500 for each offense, and a separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during or on which a violation occurs or continues.