[HISTORY: Adopted by the Commissioners of the Town of Henlopen Acres as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Refuse containing any food, food waste, animal waste, human waste or any other similar manner.
- A. Combustible trash, including but not limited to paper, excelsior, tree branches, yard trimmings, wood furniture and bedding.
- B. Noncombustible trash, including but not limited to metals, tin cans, dirt, stone, glass, crockery and other mineral wastes.
- C. Street rubbish, including but not limited to street sweepings, dirt, leaves, catch-basin dirt and contents of litter receptacles.
- D. Waste resulting from any other processes and operations, including but not limited to industrial and manufacturing.
- E. Any waste, discarded or unwanted material including garbage and trash.
- Refuse containing no food, food waste, animal waste, human waste or any other similar manner.
[Amended 7-9-1999 by Ord. No. 99-1; 4-11-2003]
No person shall throw, place or deposit any garbage, trash, ash, refuse or other foreign substance upon any crosswalk, avenue, street, lane, alley, beach, park, strand or other public place or upon any property owned by the Town or over which the police power of the Town extends.
All trash, rubbish and garbage shall be placed in containers. All containers for trash, rubbish and garbage shall be concealed from view from the street; such containers shall be located only on the side or rear of the residence on the lot. In no event shall containers of trash, rubbish or garbage be placed in the front of a residence or on the public right-of-way.
No person shall put, place or throw any refuse, garbage, trash or rubbish collected or gathered from one lot upon or in front of any other lot within the Town.
The Town will collect loose leaves, grass cuttings, pine needles, plant cuttings and the like, and tree trimmings and branches less than four feet in length and separated by category of leaves, sticks or branches.
Abnormal amounts of debris, that is amounts that require more than 15 minutes, shall be charged to the owner of the property to which such refuse is adjacent at the rates set by resolution of the Commissioners from time to time.
[Amended 7-9-1999 by Ord. No. 99-1]
[Added 7-9-1999 by Ord. No. 99-1; amended 7-9-2004]
Any person violating any of the provisions of this article shall be fined not less than $25 nor more than $200 or be imprisoned for a term not exceeding five days, or both, and shall pay the cost of prosecution, including Victims' Compensation Fund and the Town's attorney's fees; provided, however, that with the consent in writing of the person charged with a violation under this article, a member of the Town of Henlopen Acres security, the Town Manager or an authorized representative is authorized to accept and receive, without hearing, $25 if such notice of violation is paid within 48 hours from the date and time of the violation or $50 as a penalty for such violation if such violation is paid after the expiration of 48 hours following the violation.