[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Pinedale as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 1979 by Ord. No. 66 (Ch. 8.12 of the 1983 Municipal Code)]
For the purposes of this article, the following terms are defined as follows:
- Includes the item, property, liquid, compound, gas or freight to be moved, including such items placed on or in a vehicle towed by another vehicle or on or in a vehicle itself.
- Includes every person who drives or is in physical control of a vehicle.
- Includes any chemical compound or mechanical mixture that is commonly used or intended for the purpose of producing an explosion which contains any oxidizing or combustive units or other ingredients in such proportions, quantities or packing that an ignition by fire, by friction, by concussion, by percussion or by detonator of any part of the compound or mixture may cause such a sudden generation of highly heated gases that the resulting gaseous pressures are capable of producing destructive effects on contiguous objects or destroying life or limb.
- FLAMMABLE LIQUID
- Includes any liquid that has a flash point of 70° F. or less, as determined by a tangible or equivalent closed-cup test device. "Flammable liquid" includes, but is not limited to, coal oil, benzine, gasoline, petroleum and any product thereof.
- Includes a person who holds the legal title of a vehicle or in the event a vehicle is subject to an agreement for the conditional sale or lease thereof with the right of purchase upon performance of the conditions stated in the agreement and with an immediate right of possession vested in the conditional vendee or lessee, or in the event a mortgagor of a vehicle is entitled to possession, then such conditional vendee or lessee or mortgagor shall be deemed the owner for the purpose of this article.
- PRIVATE ROAD OR DRIVEWAY
- Includes every way or place in private ownership and used for vehicular travel or vehicular parking by the owner or those having expressed or implied permission from the owner, or other places or surfaces not being a street or highway which are used for vehicular travel or vehicular parking.
- Includes every vehicle of a trailer type not equipped with propelling power so designed for carrying property and used in conjunction with a motor vehicle that some part of its own weight and load rests upon or is carried by another vehicle.
- STREET OR HIGHWAY
- Includes the entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel.
- Includes every vehicle not equipped with propelling power, designed for carrying property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle which carries no part of the weight and load of the trailer on its own wheels.
- Includes any device in, upon or by which any person or property may be transported or drawn upon a highway except devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon rails or tracks.
It is unlawful for any person, individual, firm, association, syndicate, copartnership, corporation or any other legal entity to park, store or let stand any vehicle, trailer or semitrailer containing as cargo flammable liquids or explosives for any period exceeding two hours in, at, upon or beside any street or highway or any private road or driveway within the Town. If any vehicle, trailer or semitrailer containing as cargo flammable liquids or explosives is parked, stored or let stand for a period exceeding two hours, then the driver of the vehicle, trailer or semitrailer who placed it in position and the owner of the vehicle, trailer or semitrailer are guilty of a violation of this article; provided, however, that the prohibition of this article shall not prohibit or affect propane fuel tanks attached to or upon recreational vehicles or camper trailers when the total capacity of the tanks does not exceed 20 gallons of propane gas.