[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Council of the Village of Bellevue as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 1-6-1986 by Ord. No. 85]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- A person 17 years of age or older.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- Any beverage containing 1/2 of 1% or more of alcohol by volume.
- Any form of regulation or dominion including a possessory right.
- A controlled substance as defined now or hereafter by the Public Acts of the State of Michigan.
- A person not legally permitted by reason of age to possess alcoholic beverages pursuant to MCLA § 436.1703.
- OPEN HOUSE PARTY
- A social gathering of persons at a residence or room.
- RESIDENCE ROOM
- A home, apartment, condominium, townhouse, trailer, motel room, hotel room, guesthouse, hall or other location occupied on a temporary or permanent basis either as a dwelling unit or specifically for the purpose of having an open house party.
No adult having control of any residence or room shall allow an open house party to take place at said residence or room if any alcoholic beverages or drugs are possessed or consumed at said residence or room by any minor, and where adults fail to take reasonable steps to prevent the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or drugs.
The provisions of this article shall not apply to protected religious observances or protected educational activities.
Violations of this article shall be punishable as provided in Chapter 1, Article II, General Penalty, of the Code of the Village of Bellevue.
This article shall be construed as supplemental to and in conjunction with the laws of the State of Michigan and of the United States and not in derogation of them.