[HISTORY Adopted by the Township Committee (now Township Council) of the Township of Bridgewater 2-28-1949. Amendments noted where applicable.]
A Municipal Court for the Township of Bridgewater, in the County of Somerset, is established as of March 1, 1949, pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 264 of the Laws of 1948, as amended and supplemented.
The name of the Municipal Court shall be the "Municipal Court of the Township of Bridgewater, in the County of Somerset."
The Municipal Court shall have a seal which shall bear the impress of the name of the Court.
[Amended 12-18-1978 by Ord. No. 78-46; 3-8-2001 by Ord. No. 01-02]
There shall be no more than two Judges of the Municipal Court, who shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council and who shall serve for a term of three years from the date of his or her appointment and until his or her successor is appointed and qualified, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2A:8-5 et seq. Any Municipal Court Judges appointed after the appointment of an initial Judge shall require the consent of the Assignment Judge of the Vicinage, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2B:12-5.
[Amended 4-15-1974 by Ord. No. 74-8]
The salary of the Municipal Judge shall be in accordance with the yearly Salary and Wage Ordinance of the Township of Bridgewater.
The said Municipal Court and the Municipal Judge thereof shall have, possess and exercise all the functions, powers, duties and jurisdiction conferred by the provisions of Chapter 264 of the Laws of 1948, as amended and supplemented, or by any other law.