[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Bridgewater as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
GENERAL REFERENCES183a Schedule A
Snow and ice removal — See Ch. 182.
Article I Reimbursement for Snow Removal
[Adopted 8-15-1994 by Ord. No. 94-26]
[Amended 12-4-1995 by Ord. No. 95-32]
All associations, as defined herein, shall be reimbursed for snow removal in accordance with the formula established herein and lighting of the roads and streets to the extent of payment for the electricity required, but not including the installation or maintenance of lamps, standards, wiring or other equipment from time to time agreed to by separate agreement between the applicable associations and the Township of Bridgewater, in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40:67-23.1 et seq.
As used in this Article, the following terms have the meanings as indicated:
- All qualified private communities as more fully defined in N.J.S.A. 40:67-23.2 as a residential condominium, cooperative, fee simple community or horizontal property regime, the residents of which do not receive any tax abatement or tax exemption related to its construction.
- LIGHTING OF CERTAIN ROADS AND STREETS
- Those costs which are incurred by the association which are directly
incident to the lighting of certain roads and streets as set forth by separate
agreement to the extent of payment for the electricity required, but not including
the installation or maintenance of lamps, standards, wiring or other equipment.
The Township shall reimburse the association to the extent that the Township
agrees by separate agreement to pay for certain lighting of the roads and
streets to the extent of payment for the electricity required, but such extent
shall only be in accordance with the separate agreement entered into by and
between the association and the Township.[Added 12-4-1995 by Ord. No. 95-32]
- REIMBURSEMENT PERCENTAGE
- The Township cost per snow removal, in the calendar year in which the reimbursement is sought, which cost shall include direct cost for labor and material, together with any applicable overhead costs directly attributable to the cost of snow and ice control and snow removal, divided into the Township road mileage, computed at the commencement of the calendar year for which reimbursement is being sought, which shall produce a Township cost per mile, which in turn is multiplied by the road mileage for the association, as set forth in Schedule A attached hereto, which will equal the maximum reimbursement by the Township to the association. As an example, the formula will be as follows:
- SNOW AND ICE CONTROL AND SNOW REMOVAL
- Those costs which are incurred by the association which are directly incident to the cost of snow and ice control and/or removal which forms a part of the cost per mile computed by the Township. In no case shall the reimbursement exceed the lesser of the Township's actual expenditure per mile or the cost actually incurred during a like period on behalf of the association.
Each association shall provide records of actual costs and payments therefor during the calendar year in question in order to be eligible for reimbursement. The determination as to the applicability and relationship of the costs incurred shall be those determined to be eligible by the Director of Finance of the Township of Bridgewater. The Township of Bridgewater shall issue a check to each association by July 1 of each year, as reimbursement for municipal service costs incurred by the Township, for services covered herein in the preceding calendar year, which reimbursement will be calculated in accordance with the formula established in § 183-2 of this Article.
The initial reimbursement shall reflect costs incurred subsequent to December 31, 1993.
Factual data providing figures utilized to calculate the reimbursement amounts shall be provided by the Director of Finance of the Township on a form accompanying the reimbursement check.