Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us daily between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
Doña Ana County, NM
 
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[Adopted as last amended 6-24-2008 by Res. No. 2008-60]
Building Code permit fees are as follows:
A. 
Residential construction. The fees for new construction of single-family dwellings and duplexes shall be $0.20 per square foot of total floor area measured to the outside walls, or, in the case of a carport, covered porch, or similar structure, to the outside edge of the floor or roofline.
B. 
Swimming pools: $3.75 per $1,000 for the first $25,000 of valuation, plus $3 for each additional $1,000 of valuation over $25,000.
C. 
Other construction. All construction not otherwise specifically addressed in this article may be assessed permit fees based upon the following valuation scale:
[Amended 9-27-2011 by Ord. No. 235-2011]
Total Construction Value
Permit Fee Formulas
$1 to $500
$45
$501 to $2,000
$45 for first $500 plus $1 for each additional $100 or a fraction thereof, up to and including $2,000
$2,001 to $25,000
$60 for first $2,000 plus $10 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, up to and including $25,000
$25,001 to $50,000
$290 for first $25,000 plus $8 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, up to and including $50,000
$50,001 to $100,000
$490 for first $50,000 plus $6 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, up to and including $100,000
$100,001 and up
$790 for first $100,000 plus $5 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof
D. 
Plan review fees. For permits that require construction drawing/site plan review, 25% of the permit fees assessed will be required to be paid at the time the application for a building permit is submitted. The remaining 75% of the permit fees will be collected prior to issuance of the permit.
Mobile homes fees are as follows:
A. 
For placement in a mobile home park with County business registration: $80.
B. 
For placement on private property (all other mobile home placements): $100.
When possible, the County will accommodate requests for the additional services, as outlined below. Additional fees are assessed due to the additional costs, including staff and administrative time, associated with accommodating these requests.
A. 
Off-duty hour inspections. A fee of $45 per hour per inspection (e.g., construction, plumbing, and/or electrical) will be assessed when inspections are requested to be performed outside regular-duty hours set by the County, if the appropriate staff can be scheduled as requested.
B. 
Partial inspections. An inspection fee of $45 per hour will be assessed for inspections requested at intermittent stages of construction.
C. 
Certificate of occupancy. No building or structure shall be used or occupied, and no change in the existing occupancy classification of a building or structure or portion thereof shall be made, until the building official has issued a certificate of occupancy. Failure to comply with such order may result in a penalty assessed to the permittee of three times the amount of the original permit.
D. 
Temporary/Conditional certificate of occupancy. At the County's discretion, a temporary certificate of occupancy (TCO) may be issued at the request of the applicant, to allow occupation of a building prior to completion of construction or other development elements where the absence of such elements does not present an immediate health and safety hazard to the occupants or the community. Due to the duplication of some of the administrative and inspection requirements for a TCO and the final certificate of occupancy (CO), an assessment of 10% of the building permit fee or $100, whichever is greater, will be imposed when a TCO is issued.
A. 
Investigation fee. Whenever any work for which a permit is required has been commenced without first obtaining a permit, a special investigation shall be made before a permit may be issued for such work. The fee shall be $45 per hour with a minimum of one hour being charged. In addition, the owner will be required to provide evidence of work being properly completed to date.
B. 
Reinspection fee. A reinspection fee of $45 will be assessed for each inspection or reinspection when such portion of work for which inspection is called is not complete or when corrections called for are not made. In instances where reinspection fees have been assessed, no additional inspection of the work will be performed until the required fees have been paid.
C. 
Penalty fee. Whenever a project has begun without a permit, and an investigation reveals a permit is required, the permit fee shall be triple the original fee.
[Amended 9-27-2011 by Ord. No. 235-2011]
D. 
Refund/Credit. No refund/credit will be issued after 30 days from issuance of permit.