[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Supervisors of the Township of Uwchlan 5-11-2009 by Ord. No. 2009-01. Amendments noted where applicable.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any composition or device for the purpose of producing a visible or an audible effect for entertainment purposes by combustion, deflagration, or detonation.
- FIREWORKS, CLASS B, SPECIAL FIREWORKS
- Large firework devices, which are explosive materials, intended for use in fireworks displays and designed to produce audible or visible effects by combustion, deflagration, or detonation. Such fireworks include, but are not limited to, firecrackers containing more than 130 milligrams (2 grains) of explosive composition and aerial shells containing more than 40 grams of pyrotechnic composition.
- FIREWORKS, CLASS C, COMMON FIREWORKS
- Small firework devices containing restricted amounts of pyrotechnic composition designed primarily to produce visible or audible effects by combustion.
The manufacture, sale, exposure for sale and the exposure for any purpose whatsoever, within Uwchlan Township, of any fireworks, firecrackers, torpedoes, roman candles, skyrockets, and all other articles of the nature or character of fireworks or for pyrotechnic display is hereby prohibited. Provided, however, that the term "fireworks" used herein shall not include sparklers, toy pistols, toy canes, toy guns, or other devices in which paper caps containing 25/100 grains or less of explosive compound are used. Items complying with "nonfireworks" description may be sold in any permanent business location in the Township.
Any person who violates or permits a violation of this chapter, shall, upon conviction in a summary proceeding brought before a Magisterial District Judge under the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure, be guilty of a summary offense and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000, plus costs of prosecution. In default of payment thereof, the defendant may be sentenced to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 90 days. Each day or portion thereof that such violation continues or is permitted to continue shall constitute a separate offense, and each section of this chapter that is violated shall also constitute a separate offense.