Borough of Phoenixville, PA
Chester County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents

§ H-101 Streets And Sidewalks.

This appendix contains an alphabetical listing of streets; and, under each street, a listing of all ordained activities.
Name
Activity
Location
Ord./Res.
Date
Airy Street
Width
30'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From St. Mary's Street to Emmett Street, 30' wide
August jury session, 1869
Alhouse Lane
Opening
From Nutt Road to Ringold Street
3/4/1947
3/4/1947
Almond Street
Ordain and accept
Variable width
2135
10/15/2008
Anderson Avenue
Ordain
Between Gay Street and Main Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Ordain
From Main Street to Melvin Road
6/5/1928
6/5/1928
Ordain
Between Melvin Road and Dorothy Avenue
10/2/1928
10/2/1928
Ordain
Between Dorothy Avenue and the east Borough line
9/2/1941
9/2/1941
Accept
The portion of the street northwest of Lane Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Accept
The portion from the existing terminus to Monroe Avenue
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Lay out, open, adopt
The portion from the existing terminus northeast to the end of Anderson Avenue where it becomes Chester Avenue
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Ann Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From St. Mary's Street to Emmett Street, 41' wide
April jury session, 1864
Ordain, width
From Emmett Street to Fillmore Street, 46'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Laid out
From Emmett Street, north 15°, west 440', 41' wide
October jury session, 1872
Vacate
Portion described in Exhibit B on file in Borough offices
2128
6/10/2008
Ashland Street
Width
30'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Vacate
From the east side of the land of the Phoenix Iron and Steel Company to the west side of Market Street, subject to retention by the Borough of a sanitary sewer line, a 10' right-of-way and rights of ingress, egress and regress
12/4/1951
12/4/1951
B Street
Ordain
Extended from Washington Avenue to the south Borough line (Repealed 2/8/1927)
3/25/1870
3/25/1870
Vacate
Between Second Avenue and Third Avenue
7/8/1924
7/8/1924
Ordain
Between First Avenue and Second Avenue
2/8/1927
2/8/1927
Width, grade, sidewalks
Between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue
10/6/1936
10/6/1936
Laying out, opening, adopting
Portions of the street in the Second Ward
1105
1969
Balley Drive
Ordain and accept
Width of 36 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Bank Street
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from W. Mill Street to Bridge Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Laid out
From the center of W. Mill Street to Bridge Street, 26' wide
October jury session, 1874
Barry Avenue
Ordain
Between Second Avenue and the Phila. & Reading Railway and across the same
10/16/1902
10/16/1902
Bateman Drive
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Battery Street
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Vacate
From Washington Avenue to Hall Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Gold Street
9/6/1910
9/6/1910
Continuation
From Morgan Street to Walnut Street (This continuation was named Battery Alley)
8/1/1911
8/1/1911
Vacate
A portion extended from the center line of Morgan Street a distance of approximately 153.03' in the direction of Walnut Street
3/6/1945
3/6/1945
Beechwood Lane
Vacate
From a point at the intersection of the westerly right-of-way line of Main Street and the center line of Beechwood Lane thence in a northwesterly direction for a distance of 805 feet to a point on the southeasterly right-of-way line of Gay Street (to be vacated)
2087; 2088
12/12/2006; 12/12/2006
Black Rock Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Width
36'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From middle of Railroad Street to Basin, 30' wide
January jury session, 1864
Vacated
A portion of
January jury session, 1870
Vacating
Extending from Railroad Street south to the terminus of Black Rock Street in the lands of the Phoenix Iron Company, in the plateau immediately north of the steel plant buildings
1/9/1920
1/9/1920
Bond Street
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to Griffen Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Vacating
The portion between Nutt Road and Morris Street
1030
8/2/1966
Breckenridge Avenue
Width
50'
7/14/1856
7/14/1856
Breckenridge Street
Continue
From Wheatland Street to the west side of John E. Tencate's land
11/5/1868
11/5/1868
Ordain
From Buchanan Street to Wheatland Street and beyond 265'
9/6/1881
9/6/1881
Bridge Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Width
Establish width from Fountain Inn to Garrett's corner, 53'; from Garrett's corner to the railroad bridge, 60'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Schuylkill River to Fountain Inn, 60' wide, excepting for the distance of 86 perches from a limestone in Nutts Road, which part of said street is laid out 53' wide
January jury session, 1857
Lighting
Between Church Alley and a point 575' west of Gay Street
5/3/1938
5/3/1938
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
South side, from Church Street to Dr. S.A. Whitaker's west line; north side, from Charles Kanpp's lot to John Vanderslice's coal office
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Sidewalks
South side, from Church Street to Starr Street; north side, from the west line of William Garrott's property to John Vanderslice's coal office
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Curb and sidewalk
North side from David Keeley's property to the Fountain Inn; on the south side from the Reading Railroad depot to the west wide of Dr. S.A. Whitaker's land
Name change
From the Fountain Inn to the Borough line, former known as Charlestown Avenue, to Bridge Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Width
From Nutts Avenue to the Borough line the width of the street to be 50', 30 feet between curbs lines, with 10' sidewalks on each side
8/2/1893
8/2/1893
Paving
From Main Street to Gay Street and from Church Street to Nutts Avenue or to such point west of Church Street and east of Nutts Avenue as the funds would allow
5/5/1909
5/5/1909
Improvement
Extending from Station 197+50.47 to Station 222+62.9, a distance of 48.42'
8/24/1943
8/24/1943
Improvement
From Station 22+14.5 to Station 22+62.92, a distance of 48.42'
10/17/1944
10/17/1944
Improvement
Removal of nonutility structures
9/3/1946
9/3/1946
Brower Street
Ordain
From Park Lane to B Street
9/6/1881
9/6/1881
Ordain
From Quick Street to Battery Street
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Vacate
Extended from a point 176.5' east of Buchanan Street, formerly the center line of Battery Street, to the east side of Buchanan Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Continuation
From Jones Street to an unnamed alley, the extension was 453.6' long, 30' wide with 6.9' sidewalks
12/7/1909
12/7/1909
Open, extend
From B Street to Dean Street
5/7/1940
5/7/1940
Ordain
From Carey Street to Washington Avenue
11/8/1945
11/8/1945
Buchanan Street
Width
50'
7/14/1856
7/14/1856
Laid out
From Bridge Street to Nutts Road, 50' wide
August jury session, 1857
Extend
From Morgan Street to Hall Street
12/17/1868
12/17/1868
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Bridge Street to Nutt Road
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Improvement
From Bridge Street to Church Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Buckwalter Street
Ordain
Extending from the southerly line of Washington Ave. to the northly line of M.G. Lippert land
2/1/1910
2/1/1910
Buttonwood Street
Locate
Extended from First Avenue to Nutts Avenue, parallel to and 220' west of the center of Main Street
12/20/1875
12/20/1875
Callowhill Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Borough line, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Grade
Establish grade between Pennsylvania Avenue and Columbia Avenue
11/3/1931
11/3/1931
Accepting
6/2/1953
6/2/1953
Campwood Road
Ordain
Between Anderson Avenue and City Line Avenue
9/2/1941
9/2/1941
Canal Street
Width
33'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Width
From the Reading Railroad to the north Borough line, width of 30'
2/12/1874
2/12/1874
Carey Street
Ordain
From Breckenridge Street to a point 348.5' south of the center line of Washington Avenue, the width of the street was to be 20' and 4' sidewalks
12/7/1909
12/7/1909
Carlisle Avenue
Accept
The portion from Lane Avenue to Tyler Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Carson Street
Ordain
From Newhall Street to Starr Street
3/8/1927
3/8/1927
Cedar Drive
Accept
Entire length
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Cemetery Avenue
Open
From Nutts Road opposite the gate to the entrance of Morris Cemetery to Buchanan Street
9/13/1866
9/13/1866
Cemetery Lane
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to the Borough line
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Center Street
Ordain
From Mellon Street northeast 675.4' to the line dividing the Allebach Tract from the lands of the Phoenix Iron Company
2/8/1921
2/8/1921
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Center Street, 30' wide, began at the northeast intersection of Mason Street and Elm Avenue and extended southeast to Center Street
12/12/1961
12/12/1961
Opening, laying out
An extension of Center Street between Mason Street and Paradise Street
1008
12/7/1965
Charlestown Avenue
Laid out
From between the line of the Township of Schuylkill and a point in said avenue to a point for the distance of 240' south of the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue with said Charlestown Avenue, widened to 50'
January jury session, 1881
Laid out
From a point 240' south of the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue with Charlestown Avenue, 240' to a monument at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue; thence 510' to the center of Nutts Avenue about 25' west of the Fountain Inn house, 50'
October jury session, 1857
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to the south bank of French Creek
12/6/1881
12/6/1881
Name change
From the Fountain Inn to the Borough line, name changed to Bridge Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Charlestown Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Borough line, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
Extended from Nutts Avenue to the south Borough line, 50' wide
7/10/1876
7/10/1876
Cherry Street
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue through the Maple Hill Tract to the southwestern line of the tract
6/7/1911
6/7/1911
Ordain, extend
Between Chester Avenue and Deger Avenue
5/6/1947
5/6/1947
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Cherry Street from the existing terminus 111.11' to the end of the 13/89' radius from Tyler Avenue (the width was fixed at 50')
12/12/1961
12/12/1961
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Cherry Street from Tyler Avenue to Deger Avenue (the width was fixed at 50')
4/17/1963
4/17/1963
Chester Avenue
Ordain, width
From Cherry Street to Charlestown Street, 50' wide; Charlestown Street to Borough line, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
From Charlestown Street to the Borough line
2/26/1877
2/26/1877
Change of lines
From Paradise Street to Borough line
4/17/1901
4/17/1901
Laying out, opening, adopting
The portion from Anderson Avenue to Cherry Street, the width fixed at 60' to a point north of Madison Avenue where it was reduced to 50'
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Chestnut Drive
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Chrisman Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Ordain, width
From Reading Railroad to South Street, 41' wide; South Street to Madison Avenue, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Name change
Name changed to Grant Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Church Avenue
Width
40'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Open
From Bridge Street to Prospect Alley
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Grade, pave, gutter
Entire length, sidewalks to be 10' wide
5/20/1858
5/20/1858
Laid out
From middle of Bridge Street to middle of Prospect Alley, 40' wide
August jury session, 1857
Church Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
Both sides, from Bridge Street to Main Street
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Width, center
Established the width of Church Street at 33' and established the center line from a point at or near the corner of lands of Reeves, Buck and Company, the late Ann Starr and the Mennonite Church, to Bridge Street
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Width
53'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Starr Street to Bridge Street, 53' wide, except for the distance of 240' and 6" along the Mennonite graveyard, where it can be opened only 19' from center of middle line of the street
January jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
Both sides, from Bridge Street to Main Street
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Main Street to Starr Street
9/1/1859
9/1/1859
Sidewalks, curbs
South side between Main Street and Jackson Street
5/19/1864
5/19/1864
Curb and sidewalk
From the west end of Church Street to the Borough line at the Fountain Inn and on the south side from Jackson Street to Joseph Johnson's property
6/16/1864
6/16/1864
Laid out
From Main Street along and so far as land of Mennonite Society, widened to 53'
January jury session, 1877
Improvement
From Gay Street to Bridge Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Cinder Street
Width
33'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Rename
Renamed to East Morgan Street
1/6/1931
1/6/1931
City Line Avenue
Ordain
From Main Street to Melvin Road
6/5/1928
6/5/1928
Ordain
Between Melvin Road and Dorothy Avenue
10/2/1928
10/2/1928
Ordain
Between Main Street and Gay Street
9/10/1931
9/10/1931
Ordain
Between Dorothy Avenue and the east Borough line
9/2/1941
9/2/1941
Accept
From Lane Avenue to Tyler Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Clay Street
Width
38'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Vacate
From the east property line of the Phoenix Iron and Steel Company 160' to the west side of the vacated portion of Market Street
12/4/1951
12/4/1951
Cliff Street
Open
From Main Street, at the line between Phoenix Iron Company's and Isaac Christman's line east along the line of the Phoenix Iron Company's property to the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad
7/29/1865
7/29/1865
Coll Avenue
Name change
Renamed from Second Avenue, between Second Avenue and Manavon Street
972
8/4/1964
Columbia Avenue
Ordain, width
From Charlestown Street to Sherman Street, 40' wide; Sherman Street to Hunter Street, 60' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
From Charlestown Street to Hunter Street
2/26/1877
2/26/1877
Open, extend
From Cherry Street to Mulberry Street
5/5/1959
5/5/1959
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Madison Avenue to the present terminus of Columbia Avenue, 200' east of Cherry Street (the width was fixed at 50')
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Harrison Avenue to Madison Avenue
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Garfield Avenue to Harrison Avenue
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Cottage Street
Width
33'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Dayton Street
Width
50'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Railroad Street to Borough line, 50' wide
January jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
Both sides, from Main Street to Chrisman Street
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Ordain
To line of Phoenix Iron Co. instead of Black Rock Road
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Dayton Street
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Dean Street
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Church Street
10/23/1888
10/23/1888
Open, extend
From Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
5/7/1940
5/7/1940
Deger Avenue
Ordain
Between Bridge Street and Cherry Street
5/6/1947
5/6/1947
Ordain, open, lay out, widen
Between Bridge Street and Cherry Street (the width, previously fixed at 30', was increased to provide a cartway of 27.78' and a sidewalk and public right-of-way of 11.11' from the west curb to the west property line
5/22/1962
5/22/1962
Diana Drive
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
A certain tract of ground in the Third Ward
1505
3/12/1985
Division Street
Locate
From Vanderslice Street to High Street
6/18/1883
6/18/1883
Dorothy Avenue
Ordain
Between Anderson Avenue and City Line Avenue
10/2/1928
10/2/1928
Douglass Lane
Laying out, opening, adopting
10' wide, extended from High Street, at a point 238.43' northeast of the east side of Dayton Street, southeastwardly 116'
3/7/1961
3/7/1961
Elm Avenue
Ordain
Formerly known as Allebach Avenue, extended from Mellon Street 672.2' northeast, to the line dividing the National Bank Tract, formerly known as the Allebach Tract, from lands of the Phoenix Iron Company
3/8/1921
3/8/1921
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Elm Avenue, the street 50' wide, extended from the terminus of Elm Avenue northwestwardly 106.82' to Mason Avenue
12/12/1961
12/12/1961
Emmett Street
Width
50'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Springville Road to middle of Dayton Street, 46' wide
August jury session, 1867
Ordain, width
From Franklin Avenue to Borough line, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Name change
Street formerly known as Wilkinson Street changed to Emmett Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Reconstruction
Between Franklin Avenue and Dayton Street
Res. 5/6/1914
Res. 5/6/1914
Evergreen Lane
Laying out, opening, adopting
20' wide, opened from Freemont Street to Heckle Street
5/6/1958
5/6/1958
Fairview Street
Ordain
From Vanderslice Street to Fillmore Street
8/3/1898
8/3/1898
Fifth Avenue
Ordain
From Gay Street to Nutts Avenue
1/3/1888
1/3/1888
Ordain
From Gay Street to Fifth Avenue
10/1/1902
10/1/1902
Ordain
Between Main Street and Starr Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Fillmore Street
Ordain
From Springville Road to the Borough line
7/28/1856
7/28/1856
Laid out
From Springville Road to Dayton Street, 33' wide
August jury session, 1868
Ordain, width
From Dayton Street to Borough line, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
In the North Ward from Franklin Avenue to the Borough line west
1/7/1878
1/7/1878
Ordain and accept
Width of 60 feet
2135
10/15/2008
First Avenue
Open
From Starr Street to Nutts Road
6/20/1859
6/20/1859
Ordain, width
From Main Street to Buchanan Street, 60'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Laid out
From Buchanan Street to Main Street, 60' wide
August jury session, 1868
Ordain
Extended from Main Street to Starr Street
3/25/1870
3/25/1870
Curbs, paving
Both sides, from Starr Street to Gay Street
6/24/1874
6/24/1874
Laid out
From Main Street to an iron bar in the center of Starr Street, 60' wide
October jury session, 1874
First Street
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Gay Street to Buchanan Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Vacating
West of Buchanan Street
2/5/1907
2/5/1907
Fisher Avenue
Ordain
(Previously known as Hazel Lea Avenue) from Manavon Street to Newhall Street
3/8/1927
3/8/1927
Vacating
Extending from the easterly edge of Carson Street to the point of intersection with the westerly side of Tyson Street (on the north side of the vacated portion of Fisher Avenue) and to the point of deflection of Fisher Avenue (on the south side of the vacated portion of Fisher Avenue)
1425
12/15/1981
Fourth Avenue
Ordain
From Starr Street to Nutts Avenue
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Improvement
From Main Street to Gay Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Franklin Avenue
Laid out
Formerly known as Lloyd Street, from High Street and the Springville Road to French Creek, 46' wide
October jury session, 1872
Laid out
From Grant Street to the Borough line, 50' wide
October jury session, 1874
Laid out
From a limestone in Borough line at Fillmore Street; thence north 15 1/4° west, 790'; thence north 76° east, 1499' to Dayton Street, 50' wide
October jury session, 1874
Ordain, width
From Vanderslice Street to Schuylkill Avenue, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Width
Reducing with to 46' between High Street and Vanderslice Street
10/4/1892
10/4/1892
Reconstruction
Between Gay Street and Fillmore Street
Res. 9/3/1912
Res. 9/3/1912
Franklin Street
Laid out
Formerly known as Springville Road, from High Street to Emmett Street, 46' wide
April jury session, 1864
Freemont Street
Width
50'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Front Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Garfield Avenue
Laying out, opening, adopting
Entire length, the width was fixed at 60' at Chester Avenue, 62.32' at the Borough line
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Gate Lane
Width
26'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Gay Street
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
East side, from Bridge Street to Hall Street
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Width
Establish width from Mill Street to Hall Street, 40'; from Hall Street to the Borough line, 53'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Open
From Walnut Street to the Borough line
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Width
From Church Street to the Borough line
7/14/1856
7/14/1856
Laid out
From Church Street to Walnut Street, 53' wide
January jury session, 1857
Laid out
From Walnut Street to Borough line south, 53' wide
August jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
East side, from Bridge Street to Hall Street
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Laid out
From Church Street to W. Mill Street, 44' wide
October jury session, 1865
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Hall Street to the south Borough line
5/6/1869
5/6/1869
Ordain, width
A street from the center of Springville Road and High Street to a corner in Vanderslice Street, thence across French Creek to Gay Street, the portion in the South Ward, 46' wide
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Laid out
From W. Mill to Lloyd Street, 44' wide
October jury session, 1872
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Bridge Street to W. Mill Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Ordain, width
From Second Avenue to Nutts Avenue, 60' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Extending
From Nutts Road to the south Borough line
2/12/1877
2/12/1877
Laid out
From Washington Avenue to Nutts Avenue, 60' wide
August jury session, 1879
Ordaining
Between Hall Street and Church Street
2/26/1889
2/26/1889
Reconstruction
Between Bridge Street and Nutts Avenue
Res. 9/3/1912
Res. 9/3/1912
Improvement
From Bridge Street to Church Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Vacate
From a point 14 feet south of and parallel to City Line Road thence southwesterly a distance of 1105 feet to a point on the southerly property line of Phoenixville Area Joint School Authority
2087; 2088
12/12/2006; 12/12/2006
Gay Street Bridge
Report of Jury of View, filed 4/24/1882; Grand Jury concur 4/27/1882; the Court concur 6/20/1882; the County Commissioners concur 6/20/1882; Bridge erected in 1883-4' Report of Jury of Inspection read and confirmed 2/28/1884
Gold Street
Ordain
From Battery Street to an alley parallel with and 142.5' west of Quick Street, in the Third Ward
10/4/1892
10/4/1892
Continuation
From Battery Street to Buchanan Street
8/5/1913
8/5/1913
Grant Street
Laid out
From Springville Road to South Street, 50' wide
January jury session, 1872
Ordain, width
From Springville Road to South Street, 50' wide
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Name change
In the Third Ward – name change to Sherman Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Name change
Streets formerly known as Christmand and Kansas Streets, name changed to Grant Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Ordain
From Franklin Avenue to Fairview Street and 1710' beyond to the crossing of the public road on the Pennsylvania Schuylkill Valley Railroad
8/3/1898
8/3/1898
Width
Reduction of width east of Dayton Street formerly known as Chrisman Street (The width was reduced form 41' to 25' and the center line was established from Dayton Street to the Reading Railroad right-of-way)
7/7/1915
7/7/1915
Reordain
East of Dayton Street
9/4/1928
9/4/1928
Reordain
East of Dayton Street
5/7/1929
5/7/1929
Vacating
A portion west of the intersection of Grant Street and Fairview Avenue
1180
12/11/1973
Green Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Penn Street to St. Mary's Street and ending in the Springville Road, 53' wide
January jury session, 1857
Vacate
Portion described in Exhibit C on file in Borough offices
2128
6/10/2008
Griffen Street
Ordain
From Cemetery Lane to Bond Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Grover Street
Ordain
From Jones Street to Battery Street
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Ordain
West from Battery Street to Buchanan Street
7/—/1907
7/—/1907
Vacating
Between Battery Street and Buchanan Street
12/21/1908
12/21/1908
Ordain
Extended from Park Alley east 200' to land of the Phoenix Iron Company, the center line being 180' from the center line of First Avenue
9/3/1914
9/3/1914
Ordain
Between Park Alley and B Street
2/8/1927
2/8/1927
Open, extend
From B Street to Dean Street
5/7/1940
5/7/1940
Hall Street
Width
37'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Bridge Street to Main Street, 37' wide; thence from Main Street tot Starr Street, 33' wide
August jury session, 1857
Culvert
North and south
9/2/1858
9/2/1858
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Bridge Street to Starr Street
9/1/1859
9/1/1859
Laid out
From Main Street to western end of Mennonite graveyard, 37' wide
October jury session, 1865
Continue, widen
50' wide, extended from Gay Street to Bridge Street
8/20/1868
8/20/1868
Width
Widen from Gay Street to Bridge Street to 37'
12/26/1873
12/26/1873
Ordain
Bridge Street southwest to the continuation of Charlestown Avenue, thence at right angles to the center line of Charlestown Avenue, northwest to the Borough line
12/6/1881
12/6/1881
Hamilton Road
Vacate
From a point at the intersection of the westerly right-of-way line of Main Street (Route 29) and the center line of Hamilton Road thence in a northwesterly direction a distance of 786 feet to a point on the southeasterly right-of-way line of Gay Street (to be vacated)
2087; 2088
12/12/2006; 12/12/2006
Harrison Avenue
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Chester Avenue to Tyler Avenue (the width was fixed at 50')
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Hawley Street
Ordain
Cemetery Lane to Bond Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Vacating
From Gay Street to Jones Street
4/3/1906
4/3/1906
Vacate, relocation
A portion abutting on the lands of Sarah M. Holt, late land of John M. Holt, and to provide for the relocation abutting on the lands of the said Sarah M. Holt and Joseph A. Pennypacker and Son.
6/7/1922
6/7/1922
Hecht Street
Ordain
Between Park Alley and Manavon Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Heckle Street
Ordain
Between East Emmett Street and Oak Street
9/10/1931
9/10/1931
Heritage Square Drive
Ordain and accept
Width of 36 feet
2135
10/15/2008
High Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Width
53'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
Beginning at an angle in Main Street and ending in the Springville Road, 53' wide
January jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
Both sides, from Main Street to the Springville Road
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Ordain, width
From Franklin Avenue to Borough line, 60' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Extension
From Franklin Avenue to Vanderslice Street
8/2/1887
8/2/1887
Name change
A portion of N. Main Street to High Street
2/18/1891
2/18/1891
Hunter Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Borough line, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Jackson Street
Width
45' (Repealed 7/2/1889)
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Grade
Fix grade from Church Street to Cottage Street
4/25/1863
4/25/1863
Ordaining
In the Borough of Phoenixville
7/2/1889
7/2/1889
James Street
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
A certain tract of ground in the Third Ward
1505
3/12/1985
Jefferson Avenue
Ordain, width
From Vanderslice Street to Schuylkill Avenue, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Joneal Drive
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
A certain tract of land in the Third Ward
1505
3/12/1985
Jones Street
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Battery Street (This was repealed in part by Ord. 9/18/1906)
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Vacating
From Fifth Avenue to Nutts Avenue
2/4/1903
2/4/1903
Ordain
From Morris Street to Griffen Street
4/3/1906
4/3/1906
Vacating
From Fifth Avenue to Nutts Avenue
9/18/1906
9/18/1906
Kansas Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Ordain, width
From N. Main Street to Springville Road, 41'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Name change
Name changed to Grant Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Kenalcon Drive
Laying out, opening, adopting
From a point 162.50' from the northwest side of Kleyona Avenue and extended 1006' along Kleyona Drive
1007
9/27/1965
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Kenalcon Drive, 50' wide, from a point on the west side of Kenalcon Drive and extended along the west side of Kenalcon Drive approximately 457'
1010
12/7/1965
Kimberton Avenue
Ordain
From the corner of the lands of Lewis R. Rhoades and Nathaniel Boyer southwest 580' to the Borough line
12/4/1880
12/4/1880
Kimberton Road
Improvement
To extend from Station 682+14 to Station 687+88.77, a distance of 574.77'
6/3/1958
6/3/1958
Kramer Street
Ordain
Between Park Alley and Park Extension Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Name change
Changed to Spruce Street between Park Alley and Park Extension Street
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
Kurtz Lane
Laying out, opening, adopting
From a point on the northwest side of Vanderslice Street, extending north along a 20' wide alley to Franklin Street
1006
9/21/1965
Lafayette Street
Ordain, width
From Penn Avenue to South Street, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Lane Avenue
Accept
The portion southwest of Anderson Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Lincoln Avenue
Ordain, width
From Hall Street to the south Borough line, 60'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to south Borough line
12/6/1881
12/6/1881
Ordain, width
From Hall Street to lands of the John Jones estate, 50' wide; thence to Nutts Avenue, 48' wide
7/7/1885
7/7/1885
Width
Reduce width to 50' from Nutts Avenue to the south Borough line
8/5/1890
8/5/1890
Widen, straighten
From Gold Street south, being extensions of the building lines along Lincoln Avenue. These lines were to continue until they meet the corresponding building lines along Lincoln Avenue as already laid out, extending north from Washington Avenue
10/1/1907
10/1/1907
Lloyd Street
Ordain, width
A street from the center of Springville Road and High Street to a corner in Vanderslice Street, thence across French Street to Gay Street, the portion in the North Ward, 46' wide
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Locust Drive
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Logan Street
Ordain
Extended from Mellon Street for a distance 669' northeast to the line dividing the lands of the Allebach Tract from the land of the Phoenix Iron Company
2/8/1921
2/8/1921
Vacating
The unopened portion of Logan Street from a point on the north side of Logan Street and extending northwardly approximately 280'
1002
9/21/1965
Madison Avenue
Ordain, width
From Schuylkill Avenue to Chrisman Street, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Tyler Avenue to Borough line (the width was fixed at 50' at Tyler Avenue, 51/93' at the Borough line
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Laying out, opening, adopting
From Chester Avenue to Tyler Avenue (the width was fixed at 50')
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Main Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Width, center
Established the width of Main Street at 40' and established the center line of that street from Bridge Street to the south Borough line
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
Both sides, from Bridge Street to Morgan Street
6/26/1855
6/26/1855
Laid out
Beginning near the bridge over Reeves, Buck & Company's race, to a corner of land of Dr. I.A. Penny-packer, John Vanderslice and Reeves, Buck & Company, 33' wide
October jury session, 1855
Open
From Black Rock Street to Railroad Street
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Morgan Street to Dayton Street, the width from Morgan to E. Mill Street, 60', except for 139' and 8" along the Mennonite graveyard, where it can be opened on that side only 23' and 10" from the center line of street, from encroaching upon said graveyard; from E. Mill Street to Railroad Street, 50', and from thence to Dayton Street, 45'
January jury session, 1857
Laid out
From Dayton Street to the Reading Railroad, 45' wide
August jury session, 1857
Laid out
From Morgan Street to the south Borough line, 60' wide
August jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
Both sides, from Morgan Street to Dayton Street
9/4/1857
9/4/1857
Laid out
From Hall Church to Church Street, 60' wide
January jury session, 1877
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Washington Avenue to the south Borough line
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Morgan Street to Washington Avenue
6/24/1874
6/24/1874
Ordain, width
From Second Avenue to Nutts Avenue, 60' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Laid out
From old Borough line opposite entrance to Reeves Park to Nutts Avenue, 60'
August jury session, 1879
Extend
From Nutts Avenue to the Borough line south
10/—/1903
10/—/1903
Improvement
From Church Street to First Avenue and from First Avenue to Nutts Avenue
8/20/1924
8/20/1924
Improvement
Removal of nonutility structures
9/3/1946
9/3/1946
N. Main Street
Paving, sidewalks
From Isaac Chrisman's store to Black Rock Street, along the west side of N. Main Street, from the corner of John Vanderslice and Reeves Buck Company to High Street, thence along the north side of N. Main Street, from and including the front of John Vanderslice's storehouse to Black Road Street
11/6/1855
11/6/1855
Width
From Canal Bridge to Railroad Street, 50'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Grade, sidewalks
Southeast side of N. Main Street, from the east end of the wall along the race of the Phoenix Iron Company to the north side of Isaac Chrisman's store
12/6/1856
12/6/1856
Width
The width was to be as already ordained, except in front of Kaler and Wagoner's Store, where the east line was to leave the one previously ordained 23' from the intersection of the street by a course northeast 35.5' to a point on the east line of North Main Street, 18.15' from the intersection
8/7/1878
8/7/1878
Name change
A portion of street to High Street
2/18/1891
2/18/1891
S. Main Street
Width
Established width from Mill Street to the Borough line, 60'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Mallard Circle South
Easements
Road right-of-way and utility easements, contiguous to the existing Black Rock Road (Route 113) right-of-way; easement for drainage of runoff and certain sanitary sewers and an easement thereof.
1978
6/10/2003
Manavon Street
Laid out
Formerly in Schuylkill Township, from Nutts Road, at the corner of C.M. Wheatley's farm known as Hazel Lea, to Start Street; thence to land of the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad Company; and thence along side of said railroad to near the Copper Works, 50' wide
October jury session, 1872
Vacating
From a point 129/15 perches east from the middle of Starr Street thence southeast along land of the Philadelphia and Reading Railway Company on the northeast side and land of the Heine Safety Boiler Company on the southwest side to a point at or near what was formerly known as the Copper Smelting Works of the Phoenixville Copper Company, later land of Nathan Trotter and Company
8/—/1899
8/—/1899
Vacating
The unopened portion of Manavon Street at the northeasterly terminus thereof, from a point on the centerline of Manavon Street to the west side of the railroad right-of-way line, approximately 295'
991
3/16/1965
Vacating
A portion at its northeasterly terminus
1301
11/9/1976
Maple Avenue
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue through the Maple Hill Tract to the line of lands of William D. Althouse
6/7/1911
6/7/1911
Marion Street
Ordain, width
From Reading Railroad to Franklin Avenue, 30' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Market Street
Vacate
From the north side of Ashland Street to French Creek, subject to the retention by the Borough of the storm sewer in the bed of the street and a 10' right-of-way over the street, the middle line of which is the sewer line, together with right of ingress, egress and regress to the sewer line
12/4/1951
12/4/1951
Marshall Street
Width
46'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From High Street to Emmett Street, 46' wide
August jury session, 1861
Laid out
From Emmett Street, north 15° west, 440', of the width of 46'
October jury session, 1862
Grade, curb
From High Street to Emmett Street
5/7/1863
5/7/1863
Sidewalks – graded, curbed, paved
Both sides, from High Street to Emmett Street
5/2/1867
5/2/1867
Ordain, width
From Emmett Street to Fillmore Street, 46'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Vacate
Portion described in Exhibit D on file in Borough offices
2128
6/10/2008
Mason Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Columbia Avenue, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Laying out, opening, adopting
50' wide, extended between Nutt Road and Wheatland Street
12/12/1961
12/12/1961
May Street
Ordain
From Jones Street to Nutts Avenue
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Vacate
Between Quick Street and Lincoln Avenue
10/8/1929
10/8/1929
Mellon Street
Ordain
Between Nutts Avenue and Wheatland Street
2/8/1921
2/8/1921
Melvin Road
Ordain
From Anderson Avenue to south Borough line
6/5/1928
6/5/1928
E. Mill Street
Width
33'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
W. Mill Street
Width
45'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Sidewalks, curbs
South side, from Gay Street to Bank Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Milligan Street
Ordain
Cemetery Lane to Main Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Vacating
A portion 195' east of the center line of Gay Street
11/4/1903
11/4/1903
Vacate
Portion abutting Phoenixville Hospital
2110
12/11/2007
Milton's Court
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Monroe Avenue
Accept
A portion northeast of Tyler Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Accept
The portion from Anderson Avenue southwest
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Montgomary Avenue
Ordain, width
From Cherry Street to Charlestown Street, 50' wide; Charlestown Street to Borough line, 40' wide (Repealed by Ord. 2/2/1886)
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Morgan Street
Width
60'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Open
From William Pearson property to Main Street
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Width
From Main Street to Gay Street, 48'
6/17/1857
Laid out
From William Pearson's line of land to Gay Street, 60' wide
August jury session, 1857
Laid out
From Main Street to Gay Street, which includes that part of Morgan Street before laid out, and is now laid out and ordered opened to the width of 48'
August jury session, 1857
Sidewalks – graded, curbed, paved
Both sides, from Gay Street to Main Street
6/18/1868
6/18/1868
Ordain, width
From Gay Street to Buchanan Street, 48'
7/2/1868
7/2/1868
Ordain
Extension from Gay Street to Buchanan Street
7/5/1887
7/5/1887
East Morgan Street
Name change
Was originally Cinder Street
1/6/1931
1/6/1931
Morris Street
Ordain
Cemetery Lane to Bond Street
7/1/1890
7/1/1890
Vacating
Extending from the easterly edge of Jones Street to the easterly edge of Bond Street
1383
5/13/1980
Natlie Road
Ordain
Between Anderson Avenue and City Line Avenue
9/2/1941
9/2/1941
Needle Street
Locate
From Division Lane to Fairview Street and beyond 300' to a point in Phoenix Iron Company
6/18/1883
6/18/1883
Extension
From its former terminus at a point in the land of the Phoenix Iron Company to Vanderslice Street
8/2/1887
8/2/1887
Neiles Street
Width
30'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Newhall Street
Ordain
From Manavon Street to Starr Street
3/8/1927
3/8/1927
North Street
Width
33'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Railroad Street to St. Mary's Street, 33' wide. Note: By an Act of General Assembly approved 2/17/1865, the width of North Street was reduced to 24'
October jury session, 1862
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides
10/1/1868
10/1/1868
Continuation
From a point in line of lands of St. Mary's Church to a point in line of lands lat of Alexander Nealis. The continuation was to extend from the land of St. Mary's Church northwest 315.8' to the center line of Emmett Street, thence 682' southwest. The street was to be 20' wide with sidewalks 3' wide
12/7/1909
12/7/1909
Vacate
Between Emmett Street and St. Mary Catholic Church property
11/4/1913
11/4/1913
Nugent Street
Width
30'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From South Street to Dayton Street, 30' wide
August jury session, 1869
Name change
Name changed to Penn Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Nutts Avenue
Ordain
From the Borough line to Bridge Street (these provisions were repealed by Ord. 12/6/1881)
12/4/1880
12/4/1880
Ordain
From West Borough line to east Borough line
12/6/1881
12/6/1881
Name change
Changed to Nutt Road and provided for the renumbering of dwelling houses, business places and other structures located on both sides of said highway
3/8/1927
3/8/1927
Improvement
For removal of nonutility structures
9/3/1946
9/3/1946
Nutt Road
Sidewalks, curbs
North side, from Buchanan Street to a point opposite the gate of the Morris Cemetery
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Laid out
From an iron pin in middle of present highway and Borough line, 14'9 1/2" west of an iron monument in said Borough line and road, to Borough line east 28 1/2' west of an iron monument, 30' in width on each side of the center line thereof from Kimberton Avenue to point of ending, excepting only the property of the Morris Cemetery for the length of the entire front thereof, where the width of said avenue shall be 25' on the southwest side of said central line, and 30' on the northeast side said avenue, along Lewis R. Rhoades' land, 45' wide; and a part of the said avenue as formerly load out vacated
August jury session, 1882
Improvement
Extending from Station 1031+78.27 to Station 1120+58.56, a distance of 8,779.29'
4/5/1928
4/5/1928
Oak Street
Ordain, width
From Reading Railroad to Dayton Street, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Old Avenue
Vacated
A part of
October jury session, 1881
Oxford Avenue
Accept
The portion between Woodlawn Street and Callowhill Street
6/2/1953
6/2/1953
Paradise Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Borough line, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to the Borough line
2/26/1877
2/26/1877
Ordain
From Nutt Road northeast to a point on the north right-of-way of the Pickering Valley Railroad and in line of land of the Phoenix Iron Company
12/6/1938
12/6/1938
Accept
The portion between Woodlawn Street and a point 364.19' southwest of Columbia Avenue
6/2/1953
6/2/1953
Park Alley
Accept
From 150' east of Main Street, running parallel to Main Street from Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
9/23/1874
9/23/1874
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
Both sides, from Washington Avenue to Second Avenue
8/3/1886
8/3/1886
Extend
From Third Avenue to Fifth Avenue
8/5/1890
8/5/1890
Ordain
Between Fifth Avenue and Manavon Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Park Drive
Ordain
From Second Avenue to Reeves Drive
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Park Extension Street
Ordain
Between Third Avenue and Manavon Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Vacate
The portion between Fifth Avenue and Manavon Street
5/4/1948
5/4/1948
Penn Alley
Ordain
Extending from Main Street to Penn Street, along the land of John Meglowne and John Bogue, Sr., on the west and along the land of John Mullin and Mary T. Hughes on the east
11/19/1868
11/19/1868
Penn Avenue
Ordain, width
From Schuylkill Avenue to High Street, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Penn Street
Width
30'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Continue
From Marshall Street to South Street
10/20/1864
10/20/1864
Laid out
From Marshall Street to South Street, 30' wide
August jury session, 1866
Ordain
In the North Ward, from Marshall Street to Franklin Avenue
5/5/1885
5/5/1885
Name change
Street formerly known as Nugent Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Relocating Vacating
Between Franklin Avenue and Marshall Street Parts thereof (The relocation involved reduction of the width of the street form 30' to 24', resulting in a vacation of the portion no longer to be used for street purposes)
8/3/1909
8/3/1909
Pennsylvania Avenue
Ordain, width
From Cherry Street to Charlestown Street, 50' wide; Charlestown Street to Borough line, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain
From Charlestown Street to Kimberton Road
2/26/1877
2/26/1877
Ordain
From Charlestown Avenue to Kimberton Avenue
12/4/1880
12/4/1880
Change of lines
From Paradise Street to Kimberton Avenue
4/17/1901
4/17/1901
Width, grade, sidewalks
Between Kimberton Road and the Frazer Branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad
9/10/1936
9/10/1936
E. Phoenix Drive
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
A certain tract of ground in the Third Ward
1505
3/12/1985
W. Phoenix Drive
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
A certain tract of ground in the Third Ward
1505
3/12/1985
Ordaining, laying out, opening, adopting
Between Dianna Drive and Nutt Road
1528
4/15/1986
Pine Street
Ordain
From Jones Street to Buttonwood Street
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Change name
Between Lincoln Avenue and Quick Street (was Reeves Street)
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
Change name
Between Park Alley and Park Extension Street (was Saul Street)
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
Price Street
Ordain
From Main Street to Bank Street
6/7/1879
6/7/1879
Laid out
From Main Street to Bank Street, 20' wide
August jury session, 1879
Ordain
East of Main Street in the First Ward for 255/6' northeast to lands of the Phoenixville Publishing Company
12/8/1925
12/8/1925
Prospect Alley
Laid out
From end of Prospect Alley, through lands of Ann Starr to Main Street, 20' wide
October jury session, 1851
Width
28'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Starr Street to Gay Street, 20' wide; thence to Bridge Street, 24' wide
April jury session, 1871
Continue
Extended from Gay Street west to lands of Solomon Epprecht
11/5/1868
11/5/1868
Ordain
Continuation from Gay Street to Bridge Street
7/1/1870
7/1/1870
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Starr Street to Bridge Street
6/24/1874
6/24/1874
Queen Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From St. Mary's Street to Emmett Street, 41' wide
April jury session, 1864
Width, vacating
The width of St. Mary's Street to Emmet Street was to be reduced from 41' to 24' by vacating an 8.5' wide strip from each side
8/3/1909
8/9/1909
Quick Street
Locate
Extended from Washington Avenue to Hall Street, running parallel to Gay Street with its center 180' west of the center line of Gay Street
11/15/1875
11/15/1875
Sidewalks, curbs, gutters
Both sides, from Washington Avenue to Hall Street
8/3/1886
8/3/1886
Ordain
From Washington Avenue to Fourth Avenue
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Radel Street
Ordain
Between Park Alley and Manavon Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Railroad Street
Width
41'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Laid out
From Main Street to Reading Railroad, 41' wide
January jury session, 1857
Sidewalks
Both sides, from Main Street to the Springville Road
9/4/1857
9/4/1957
Sidewalks – graded, curbed, paved
South side, from the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad to Margaret Richard's land; north side, from railroad to John Mullin's lands
Reed Street
Laying out, opening, adopting
The 20' wide street was opened from Lane Avenue to Lincoln Avenue and from Lincoln Avenue southeastward 265' to land of T. Carlisle Pennypacker
8/7/1956
8/7/1956
Reeves Drive
Ordain
From Manavon Street to Second Avenue
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Reeves Street
Ordain
Extended from Quick Street to Lincoln Avenue to Nutts Avenue
5/6/1914
5/6/1914
Name change
Changed to Pine Street between Lincoln Avenue and Quick Street
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
Rhoades Street
Ordain, width
From Franklin Avenue to Borough line, 36' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Width
The width was established at 30' from Franklin Avenue to Fairview Street, 40' from Fairview Street to the Borough line
9/5/1911
9/5/1911
Laying out, opening, adopting
Between Fairview Street and Taylor Street (the width was fixed at 40')
7/18/1961
7/18/1961
Ridge Avenue
Ordain, width
From Sherman Street to Borough line, 40' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Opening
From Sherman Street eastwardly 175'
2/5/1946
2/5/1946
Ringold Street
Ordain
Extending across the Maple Hill Tract at right angles to Maple Avenue and Cherry Street
6/7/1911
6/7/1911
Laying out, ordaining, opening
In the Sixth Ward
1056
9/12/1967
Laying out, opening, adopting
In the Sixth Ward
1104
11/11/1969
Riverwalk Drive
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Robarts Drive
Accept
From its northern intersection with Valley Road to its southern intersection with Valley Road
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Roberts Avenue
Ordain
From Bridge Street to Callowhill Street, thence to the Borough line, in the Sixth Ward
7/6/1894
7/6/1894
Sandstone Terrace
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
St. Mary's Street
Width
36'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Culverts
North and south
9/2/1858
9/2/1858
Laid out
From Springville Road to Philadelphia and Reading Railroad, 36' wide.
August jury session, 1861
Grade, curb
From Springville Road to Dayton Street
5/7/1863
5/7/1863
Sidewalks – graded, curbed, paved
Both sides, from Springville Road to Dayton Street
5/2/1867
5/2/1867
Ordain, width
From Franklin Avenue to Borough line, 45' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Width
The street was to be 36' wide from Franklin Avenue to Fairview Avenue, 50' wide from Fairview Street to the Borough line
5/11/1911
5/11/1911
Vacating
Extending from the easterly edge of Dayton Street in an easterly direction to the point of terminus by said St. Mary's Street
1435
2/9/1982
Saul Street
Ordain
Between Park Alley and Park Extension Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Change name
Changed to Pine Street between Park Alley and Park Extension Street
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
School Lane
Change name
A portion of Second Avenue Extension, between Second Avenue and Locust Drive renamed to School Lane
969
5/19/1964
Schuylkill Avenue
Ordain, width
From Dayton Street to Franklin Street, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Second Avenue
Ordain
Extended from Starr Street to Buchanan Street
3/25/1870
3/25/1870
Ordain, width
From Starr Street to Manavon Street and then to the southeast Borough line, 60' wide (This was amended by Ord. 10/25/1899)
5/17/1880
5/17/1880
Width
Width fixed at 58'8", the north line being 28'8" from the former center line, the south line being 30' from the former center line. The sidewalk on the north side was to be 12" wide and the curb line 16"8" from the former center line
1/7/1890
1/7/1890
Improvement
From Main Street to Gay Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Ordain
From Starr Street to Manavon Street
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Laying out, opening, adopting
An extension of Second Avenue from Locust Drive to Manavon Street (the street was to be 60' wide)
4/17/1963
4/17/1963
Name change
Renamed to Coll Drive that portion of Second Avenue between Second Avenue and Manavon Street
972
8/4/1964
Second Avenue Extension
Ordain
From Second Avenue northeast 164' to the intersection with a 60' right-of-way
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Name change
Renamed School Lane between Second Avenue and Locust lane
969
5/14/1964
Sherman Street
Ordain, width
From Nutts Avenue to Borough line, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Name change
In the Third Ward, formerly known as Grant Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Sixth Avenue
Vacating
Between Main Street and Nutts Avenue
9/5/1911
9/5/1911
Ordain
Between Main Street and B Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Width, grade, sidewalks
Between Main Street and B Street
10/6/1936
10/6/1936
South Street
Width
From Borough line to St. Mary's Street, 46'; from St. Mary's Street to Main Street, 30'
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Laid out
From Emmett Street, 41' to Catholic graveyard; thence along said graveyard to St. Mary's Street, 22' wide; from St. Mary's Street to Main Street, 30' wide
August jury session, 1868
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Main Street to Emmett Street
5/6/1869
5/6/1869
Ordain, width
From Emmett Street to Grant Street, 41' wide
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Laid out
From Emmett Street, North 15° west, 440', 41' wide
October jury session, 1872
Laid out
From a limestone in the center of Emmett Street to Fillmore Street, 1,305', 41' wide
October jury session, 1874
Vacate
Between St. Mary and Emmett Street (This reduced the width of South Street 9'11" along its east side)
9/2/1913
9/2/1913
Ordain and accept
Width of 50 feet
2135
10/15/2008
Spring Alley
Width
23'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Springville Road
Ordain, width
From Emmett Street to Grant Street, 46'
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Laid out
From Emmett to Grant Street, 50' wide
October jury session, 1872
Laid out
From High Street to Emmett Street, 50' wide
January jury session, 1873
Width
Widen from High Street to the Borough line north to 50'
9/26/1872
9/26/1872
Spruce Street
Ordain
From Jones Street to Buttonwood Street
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Name change
Between Park Alley and Park Extension (was Kramer Street)
3/7/1950
3/7/1950
Starr Street
Width
60'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Ordain
Extended from Washington Avenue to the south Borough line
3/25/1870
3/25/1870
Laid out
From Bridge Street to Nutts Road, 80' wide
October jury session, 1872
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Bridge Street to the south Borough line
6/24/1874
6/24/1874
Reducing width
Between Hall Street and Washington Avenue, width reduced to 14'
1/21/1909
1/21/1909
Reordain
The southern end at Nutts Avenue in the Second Ward and to provide for the laying out of a small triangular plot of land for military memorial purposes.
3/7/1922
3/7/1922
Stevenson Street
Width
26'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Taylor Avenue
Width
20'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Opening, extending, sidewalk
Extending to Bridge Street and establishing the width of sidewalk and cartways thereon (Amended by Ord. 2/9/1940)
4/4/1939
4/4/1939
Taylor Street
Opening
From Vanderslice Avenue to Wilson Street
3/3/1942
3/3/1942
Vacating
An 11' portion of the eastern side of Taylor Street between Needle Street and Vanderslice Street
1515
8/3/1985
Third Avenue
Ordain
From Starr Street to Nutts Avenue
6/7/1887
6/7/1887
Tunnell Street
Grade, level
5/19/1849
5/19/1849
Tyler Avenue
Accept
A portion southwest of Anderson Avenue
1/6/1953
1/6/1953
Accept
The portion from Anderson Avenue south approximately 106'
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Laying out, opening, adopting
The portion from the presently ordained terminus to Garfield Avenue
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Laying out, opening, adopting
The portion from Garfield Avenue to Cherry Street
1/3/1961
1/3/1961
Tyson Street
Ordain
From Carson Street to the point of deflection of Fisher Avenue
3/8/1927
3/8/1927
Unnamed Alley
Laying out, opening, adopting
20' wide, began at a point on the east side of Chester Avenue, 100' south of the south side of Cherry Street, and extended northeastwardly for 261'
9/5/1961
9/5/1961
Vacate
An alley extended northeastwardly from Chester Avenue, from a point 100' south of Cherry Street for a distance of approximately 262'
2/5/1963
2/5/1963
Ordaining, laying out, opening
Between Woodlawn and Oxford Avenues
1057
11/20/1967
Vacate
Adjacent to UPI 15-12-253
2230
4/8/2014
Unnamed Street
Laying out, opening
60' wide street between the present terminus of Callowhill Street and the northwesterly side of Bridge Street, and condemning for public highway uses and purposes of land necessary therefor
1046
5/2/1967
Valley Road
Ordain
From Manavon Street to Reeves Drive
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Accept
Fixing and regulating width at 50'
3/8/1955
3/8/1955
Laying out, opening, ordain
A 40' wide portion beginning at Nutt Road and extending northeast 188.98' to land of the American Stores Company
1/3/1956
1/3/1956
Vanderslice Street
Ordain, width
From Lloyd Street to Main Street, 46'
8/8/1872
8/8/1872
Laid out
From Main Street to Franklin Avenue (formerly Lloyd Street), 46' wide
October jury session, 1872
Extension
From Gay Street to High Street
8/2/1887
8/2/1887
Vaux Street
Ordain
Between Second Avenue and the Borough line (This was repealed in part by Ord. 10/16/1902)
10/11/1899
10/11/1899
Vacating
Between Second Avenue and to and across the Phila. & Reading Railway
10/16/1902
10/16/1902
Vacate
In the Second Ward
11/7/1917
11/7/1917
Virginia Avenue
Ordain
Between Gay Street and Main Street
6/8/1926
6/8/1926
Width
Between Gay Street and Main Street, the roadway was to be 25' between curbs, with 17.5' between curb and property lines
8/3/1926
8/3/1926
Reordain
Between Gay Street and Main Street (The width was established at 60' between property lines, and between curb lines 25' at Gay Street and 24' at Main Street, with the residual space for sidewalks.
1/4/1927
1/4/1927
Laying out, opening, adopting
A portion of the street in the Sixth Ward
1106
11/11/1969
Extending
In an easterly direction presently existing public street known as Virginia Avenue
1449
8/10/1982
Walnut Street
Width
37'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Grade
Fix grade from the end of the present grade eastward to the line of land of William Nyce and John Morgan, then to Main Street
4/25/1863
4/25/1863
Laid out
From Main Street to Gay Street, 37' wide
August jury session, 1869
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Main Street to Gay Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Name Change
Webster Street changed to Walnut Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Reordain
Between Jackson Street and Dean Street
12/8/1931
12/8/1931
Walters Street
Ordain
From Nutts Avenue to Hall Street
11/5/1883
11/5/1883
Washington Avenue
Width
80'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Open
From Starr Street to Buchanan Street
6/20/1859
6/20/1859
Laid out
From Buchanan Street to Starr Street, 60' wide
August jury session, 1868
Sidewalks, curbs
Both sides, from Main Street to Buchanan Street
5/22/1873
5/22/1873
Curbing, paving
Both sides, from Main Street to Starr Street
6/24/1874
6/24/1874
Ordaining
From Buchanan Street to Wheatland Street
6/4/1889
6/4/1889
Improvement
From Buchanan Street to Starr Street
7/15/1924
7/15/1924
Ordain
From Starr Street to Manavon Street and beyond, approximately 948'
1/3/1950
1/3/1950
Water Street
Laying out, opening, adopting
In the Fifth Ward
1094
4/15/1969
Wayne Avenue
Ordain, width
From High Street to Schuylkill Avenue, 50' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Webster Street
Width
50'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Name change
Name of Webster Street changed to Walnut Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Wheatland Street
Width
37'
7/14/1856
7/14/1856
Reordain
Between Breckenridge Street and Nutt Road
5/3/1933
5/3/1933
Ordain, extend
Extended from its former terminus a distance of approximately 690' to the intersection of Paradise Street
12/6/1938
12/6/1938
N. Wheatland Street
Ordain
From B
Ordain
Extending from Bridge Street to lands of the Phoenix Iron Company
10/6/1915
10/6/1915
Wilkinsons Alley
Width
23'
7/7/1856
7/7/1856
Wilkenson Street
Name change
Name changed to Emmett Street
7/8/1890
7/8/1890
Wilson Street
Ordaining, opening, laying out
From Taylor Street to the Gerenesz property
993
5/4/1965
Vacate
Portion described in Exhibit A on file in Borough offices
2128
6/10/2008
Woodlawn Street
Accepting
Entire length
6/2/1953
6/2/1953
York Street
Ordain, width
From Chester Avenue to William Wall's line, 30' wide
2/24/1875
2/24/1875
Ordain, extend
Between Chester Avenue and Deger Avenue
5/6/1947
4/6/1947