[HISTORY: Adopted Liberty Village Board 5-19-1975 as L.L. No. 2-1975. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The Village of Liberty, pursuant to Article 14-F of the General Municipal Law, hereby establishes a sewer rental for all users of the sewer system.
Editor’s Note: Former § 67-2, User charge system, as amended, was repealed 5-14-2014 by L.L. No. 2-2014. This local law also repealed Attachment I, Sewer Rent Law, which was included as an attachment to this chapter.
Large customers, as hereinafter defined, shall be charged by adding the total of Formula One to Formula Two. Before large customers are connected to the sewer system, they may be required to execute an appropriate agreement with the Village of Liberty.
Sewer rents shall be billed and paid on a quarterly basis. For those users whose water meter is read on a monthly basis, sewer rents will be billed and paid monthly.
Unpaid sewer rents shall constitute a lien against the property which benefited by the use of the sewer system. Upon certification by the Village Clerk, the Village Board, by resolution, shall add all unpaid sewer rents billed before March 1 and unpaid by May 1 to the real property tax of the owner of the property whose property benefited by the use of the sewer system.
All users of the sewer system not within the boundaries of the Village of Liberty who have not paid the sewer rental for six months may be disconnected from the sewer system by proper resolution of and notice from the Board of Trustees.
[Amended 5-14-2014 by L.L. No. 2-2014]
The Board of Trustees may set, modify or change the sewer rental rates, service charges and penalties for nontimely payment by resolution.
As used in this local law, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CAPITAL COSTS
- Principal and interest on indebtedness for the sewer system.
- FORMULA ONE
- Operation and management cost.
- FORMULA TWO
- Capital expenditure share.
- LARGE CUSTOMERS
- Industrial users as defined by the Environmental Protection Agency and/or any other municipality and/or any customer that, by using the total of Formula One added to the total of Formula Two, would be charged $3,500 or more per year sewer rental.
- OPERATION AND MANAGEMENT COST
- Those costs associated with the annual needs of operating and maintaining (exclusive of capital replacements) the collection system, treatment and other utility facilities related to sewerage systems.
- OTHER MUNICIPALITIES
- Any other municipality of the State of New York other than the Village of Liberty, including special districts.
- SEWER SYSTEM
- All trunk, lateral and house lines which gather sanitary waste and flow into the sewage treatment plant, including the sewage treatment plant.
All ordinances, local laws and/or resolutions thereof conflicting or inconsistent with the provisions of this local law are hereby repealed.
Should any section, paragraph, sentence or word of this local law or of the code hereby adopted be declared for any reason invalid or unconstitutional, the other provisions hereinabove adopted shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
This local law shall become effective June 1, 1975.