[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Radnor 11-11-1991 by Ord. No. 91-47. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following chapter, entitled "Vehicle Parking and Storage," is hereby enacted for the purpose of regulating the parking and storage of trucks and construction vehicles on private property and streets within the Township of Radnor.
Word usage. The singular number includes the plural, and the plural includes the singular.
Terms defined. Unless otherwise expressly stated, the following words and phrases shall be construed throughout this chapter to have the meanings indicated in this section:
- CONSTRUCTION VEHICLE
- A vehicle used for construction purposes, including backhoes, tractors, excavators, bulldozers and similar type vehicles.
- GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING (GVWR)
- The value specified on the federal weight certification label by the manufacturer as the loaded weight of a single vehicle (as defined by the Vehicle Laws of Pennsylvania).
- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- The Police Department of Radnor Township.
- Any street, public or private, intended primarily as a means of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- A motor vehicle designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of persons or property (as defined by the Vehicle Laws of Pennsylvania, as amended).
[Amended 9-26-2005 by Ord. No. 2005-16]
Effective the date of this chapter, it shall be unlawful for the owner or operator of any truck having a gross vehicle weight rating in excess of 15,000 pounds, to park or store such vehicle on any street or residential property located within an AC Agricultural Conservation District or an R-1, R-1A, R-2, R-3, R-4, or R-5 Residential Zoning District. Parking or storage of vehicles shall be prohibited by this chapter, provided that this provision shall not apply to agricultural vehicles, trucks and construction vehicles used in conjunction with a permitted agricultural or commercial use or vehicles parked for the purpose of making deliveries or improvements to a property or street.
The provisions of this chapter shall be enforced by the Police Department.
Any person who fails to comply with the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of an offense and, upon conviction thereof, shall pay a fine to the Township of Radnor of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000, plus costs of prosecution.