[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Saugerties 7-16-1984 by L.L. No. 1-1984 as Ch. 111 of the 1984 Code. Amendments noted where applicable.]
No person or persons shall exhibit for money or hire, in any building, or public hall, garden or grounds, concert room or other place or room within the Village of Saugerties, any theatrical or circus performance, the exhibition of wild animals, mountebanks or other shows, exhibitions or performances, until a license for such exhibition or performance shall have been first had and obtained as hereinafter provided.
The Board of Trustees is hereby authorized and empowered to grant such license, to continue in force until the time stated in such license upon receiving for such license the fees as set from time to time by resolution of the Board of Trustees for the following:
Every manager or proprietor of any such performance, show or exhibition, who shall neglect to take out such license, or consent, cause or allow any such performance, show or exhibition, or any single one of them, without such license, and every person aiding in any such performance, show or exhibition, or any single one of them, without such license having been previously obtained and then in force, shall, upon conviction, be subjected to a penalty of not more than $250 or imprisonment for a term not to exceed 15 days, or both.
This chapter shall not be held to apply to the manager or managers or proprietors of shows, exhibitions and performances given by amateurs or others for the benefit of any church, mission, parish or Sunday or public school or for any other charitable or religious purpose.
No manager or proprietor of any theater, including a motion-picture theater, shall place on the outside of such theater and in view of the general public any signs, displays or advertisements for such shows, films or performances which are characterized by an emphasis on matter depicting or describing or related to specified sexual activities, sexual conduct or specified anatomical areas for observation by patrons therein.
For purposes of this section, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- SEXUAL CONDUCT
- Human masturbation, sexual intercourse or any touching of the genitals, pubic areas or buttocks of the human male or female or the breasts of the female, whether alone or between members of the same or opposite sex, or between humans and animals, in an act of actual or apparent sexual activity, sexual stimulation or sexual gratification.
- SPECIFIED ANATOMICAL AREAS
- Less than completely and opaquely covered human genitals, pubic region, buttock or female breast below a point immediately above the top of the areola; human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state, even if covered.
- SPECIFIED SEXUAL ACTIVITY
- Human genitals in the state of sexual stimulation or arousal; any act of human masturbation, sexual intercourse or sodomy; fondling or other erotic touching of the human genitals, pubic region, buttock or female breasts.