[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Committee of the Township of Pennsauken as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 3-13-1978 by Ord. No. 78-3 as Art. I of Ch. 63 of the 1977 Code; amended in its entirety at time of adoption of Code (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I)]
Editor's Note: The Preamble read as follows:
WHEREAS, at the election held on the seventh day of November 1961 there was submitted to the voters of the Township of Pennsauken, in the County of Camden and State of New Jersey, the question of whether or not the said Township should adopt the provisions of the Civil Service Act of the State of New Jersey and said adoption was duly approved and authorized by a majority of the voters of said Township at said election; and
WHEREAS, immediately thereafter the New Jersey Civil Service Commission made a survey of all positions in the said Township concerning the duties and salaries of said positions; and
WHEREAS, following said survey the New Jersey Civil Service Commission submitted to the governing body of said Township three separate and distinct schedules as follows:
A list of employees in the jurisdiction with the date of their original and present appointment, salary and title and their proposed status, title and divisional classification.
Class specifications in alphabetical order, including definitions, examples of work, educational and experience requirements and knowledge and abilities.
1. An alphabetical list of titles of full-time positions in the classified service with proposed salary ranges and divisional classifications.
2. An alphabetical list of titles of part-time positions in the classified service with divisional classifications.
3. A schematic list of titles of full-time positions in the classified service with proposed salary ranges.
4. A descending list of titles by proposed salary ranges divided into salary increments of full-time positions in the classified service.
5. An alphabetical list of titles in the unclassified service with the statutory or other provisions placing the position in the unclassified service.
WHEREAS, said schedules have been changed, amended and modified by certain addenda attached thereto and made a part thereof;
THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Township Committee of the Township of Pennsauken, in the County of Camden and State of New Jersey, as follows:
The aforesaid schedules, as changed, amended and modified, duly filed with the Township Clerk coincident with the introduction and passage on first reading of this article, are hereby approved and adopted and are hereby made a part of this article, and said schedules shall remain on file with said Township Clerk upon the final passage and adoption of this article; provided, however, that it is hereby expressly stipulated that no reference in said schedules to salaries, salary ranges or salary increments is adopted by this article, and the Township of Pennsauken expressly reserves the right to fix the salaries, salary ranges and salary increments of all its officers and employees in the manner provided by law, anything in said schedules to the contrary notwithstanding.