As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- BOARD, THIS BOARD, SAID BOARD, THE BOARD OF HEALTH, THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH or THE LOCAL BOARD
- The Board of Health of the Township of Pennsauken.
- Public health.
- HEALTH OFFICER
- That person selected for that office by the Board of Health. Wherever, under this chapter, any action is required or directed to be taken by the Health Officer, such action, upon direction of this Board, may be taken by the Health Inspector or by any other duly authorized officer of this Board.
- The formal written permission to perform certain acts or carry on a certain business embodied in the document granting such permission, issued by the Board in accordance with its rules and regulations and this chapter.
- MUNICIPALITY or THIS MUNICIPALITY
- The Township of Pennsauken, in the County of Camden, New Jersey.
- Temporary permission in writing to cover the doing of a single act or a series of acts and may be revoked by this Board at any time although the act or acts for which the permit was granted have not been completed.
- Any person or persons, corporation or association of persons, and "he," "his" or "him" shall include those of the female sex.
- Every delivery of food, whether the same is by direct sale or the solicitation or acceptance of an order for food, and including exchange, barter, traffic in, keeping and exposing for sale, displaying for sale, serving with meals, delivering for value, peddling and possessing with intent to sell; or the gratuitous delivery or gift of any food by any licensee or person to whom a food certificate has been issued, or by any other person.
- STATE SANITARY CODE
- The Sanitary Code enacted by the Department of Health of the State of New Jersey.
Any definition herein contained shall apply to the same word in any other form, for example "sell" means to make a sale as above defined.
It shall be lawful for any member of this Board, the Health Officer, the Health Inspector or any person acting under and by the authority of this Board to enter in or upon any premises for any of the purposes specified in this chapter or for any other purpose in connection with their regular duties.
This Board shall have the right to revoke any permit or license whenever the holder thereof or any of his or her servants or agents violate the terms under which the same was issued. Before any license or permit shall be revoked, a notice of the contemplated action of this Board shall be served upon the holder of said license or permit setting forth such charges as may be the reason for the said revocation and the place, date and hour when said Board will hear the matter.
Whenever any licensee or permittee shall violate the terms under which said license or permit was issued, this Board or the Health Officer shall have the right to suspend the operation of said licensee pending the hearing.
All licenses or permits shall be prominently displayed upon the premises for which they were issued, and upon each and every vehicle or device used in the business for which a license or permit is required. There shall be displayed at all times, in plain sight, upon each side of said vehicle or device, a current license or permit sign to be furnished by this Board.
Every holder of a license or permit shall exhibit the same upon demand to any member of this Board, the Health Officer or other authorized representative of this Board.