[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of Hampton 9-14-1981 by Ord. No. 13-81. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following words and phrases shall be ascribed the meanings set forth:
- Consuming, holding or having in one's possession or control an open or partially consumed container of alcoholic beverage of any nature.
- SCHOOL BOARD
- The Board of Education of the Borough of Hampton in the County of Hunterdon, State of New Jersey.
- SCHOOL BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS
- The structures and lands in the Borough of Hampton, Hunterdon County, New Jersey, owned by the School Board and located within the rectangle formed by the intersections of South Street, New Street, Madeline Street and Foss Avenue and those grounds and recreational structures located across from said rectangle on the south side of Foss Avenue.
- STREETS ADJACENT TO THE SCHOOL
- The following portions of the public streets in the Borough of Hampton, Hunterdon County, New Jersey:
Editor's Note: The definition of "loitering," which immediately followed this definition, was deleted 11-9-1992 by Ord. No. 14-92.
Except as provided in § 197-3, no person shall enter or remain in or upon the school buildings and grounds between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. (prevailing time).
Notwithstanding the provisions of § 197-2, the following persons may enter or remain in or upon the school buildings and grounds during the hours indicated:
Employees and members of the School Board, during all hours.
Law enforcement officers, firemen and emergency squad members, in the performance of their duties, during all hours.
Persons attending functions or activities approved by the School Board, for the duration of the function or activity and up to 1/2 hour after the end of the function or activity.
Except with the specific permission of the School Board, no person shall drink any alcoholic beverage in or upon the school buildings and grounds or in or upon the streets adjacent to the school at any time.
[Amended 11-9-1992 by Ord. No. 14-92]
Any person violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine not exceeding $2,000, imprisonment not exceeding 90 days and/or a period of community service not exceeding 90 days, in the discretion of the court.
This chapter shall govern certain conduct only in the specified areas. Any other ordinances of general application in the Borough of Hampton which might impose further restrictions on such conduct shall remain in full force and effect.