Questions about eCode360? Municipal users Join us daily between 12pm and 1pm EDT to get answers and other tips!
Town of Clinton, NJ
Hunterdon County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Mayor and Council of the Town of Clinton 12-14-1971 as Section 11-2 of Ch. XI of the Revised General Ordinances, 1971. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Uniform construction codes — See Ch. 56.
Unfit dwellings — See Ch. 68.
Fees for moving of buildings — See Ch. 73.
Housing standards — See Ch. 84.
No person shall move any building or structure through any streets of the town without a permit issued as hereinafter provided.
Any person desiring to move any building or structure shall make application to the Town Clerk for a permit. The application shall designate the streets through which the moving will be done, the dimensions of the building, the estimated length of time required for such moving and such other facts as the Clerk may require. The fee for the permit, as hereinafter provided, shall be deposited with the Clerk. The permit may be applied for by the owner of the building or structure to be moved or by the mover or contractor.
[Amended 3-26-1985 by Ord. No. 85-4; 12-12-1995 by Ord. No. 95-16]
The applicant shall file with the Clerk a bond in the amount determined by the Public Works/Business Administrator, with sureties satisfactory to the Public Works/Business Administrator, conditioned for the payment of any damage or injury to the trees, streets or other town property along the designated route and for the replacement of any trees or other town property destroyed by the moving, and further conditioned for the payment of any additional fee due the town for exceeding the time limit fixed for such moving.
[Amended 3-26-1985 by Ord. No. 85-4]
The fee for a permit shall be as provided for in Chapter 73, Fees.
The person receiving a permit shall, at his own expense, arrange for the removal of any wires or cables which may interfere with the moving. If any wires or cables which may interfere with the moving pertain to the fire alarm system or police telephone system or any other municipal system of the town, then the person receiving such permit shall, at his own expense, arrange for the removal of wires so as not to interfere in any manner with the continual operation of such systems of the town.
All the moving operations as they relate to the problem of traffic shall be done under the supervision of the Chief of Police and at such times as may be fixed by the Chief of Police.
It shall be the duty and obligation of the contractor engaged in the moving operations to furnish and place barricades and detour signs which may be necessary for the proper diversion of motor vehicle traffic.