[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Depew 2-6-1978 by L.L. No. 2-1978. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Sewer use — See Ch. 187.
Water rents — See Ch. 253, Art. II.
As used in this chapter, the following terms will mean and include:
- INDUSTRIAL WASTES
- Includes any liquid, gaseous, solid or other waste substance or a combination thereof resulting from any process of industry, manufacturing trade or business or from the development or recovery of any natural resources.
- OTHER WASTES
- Includes garbage, refuse, sawdust, shavings, sand, lime, cinders, ashes, offal, oil, tar, dyestuff, acids, chemicals and all other discarded matter not sewage or industrial waste.
- Includes the water-carried human or animal wastes from residences, buildings, industrial establishments or other places, together with such ground water infiltration and surface water which may be present. The admixture with sewage as above defined or industrial wastes as hereinafter defined also shall be considered a sewage within the meaning of this chapter.
- SEWAGE RENTS
- The rent rate, or charge, imposed or levied by the Village of Depew for charges against it by Sewer District No. 4 in the operation of Sewer District No. 4 facilities and sewer in the Village of Depew.
- SEWER SYSTEM
- The sewer system owned by the Village of Depew, and shall include all sewer pipes and other appurtenances which are used in whole or in part in connection with the collection, treatment or disposal of sewage disposal wastes and other wastes by contract with Sewer District No. 4.
[Amended by L.L. No. 7-1980]
The Village of Depew does hereby establish and impose a scale of rents for the services rendered by Sewer District No. 4 pursuant to contract with the Village of Depew to real property within the corporate limits upon the following basis:
Owners and occupants of premises connected to the sewer system shall pay a rental based upon the amount of water consumed on said premises as disclosed by each water meter on the premises where such meters are required by Village and County ordinances, and which premises are served by the sewer system, or eligible to be served by the sewer system.
The amount of sewer rents shall be determined by a resolution of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Depew. Such sewer rentals shall be billed and paid yearly, and the amount shall be determined by the Village Board pursuant to a resolution and shall change from year to year, and shall be commensurate and equal to the charges assessed against the Village of Depew by Sewer District No. 4.
The Board of Trustees shall compute annually, on or before the first day of April of each year, the charges as assessed to the Village by Sewer District No. 4, and determine the rentals to be charged to the residents.
The period of determining sewer rentals shall begin on January 1 and end on December 31 of each year, and shall be retroactive to the year 1977.
All sewage rental bills shall be due and payable at the office of the Village Treasurer on the first day of April and have a thirty-day period thereafter to pay said bill, and unpaid bills shall be added to the next year's tax rolls, in the same manner as the unpaid water bills, and become a lien upon said real property.