[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Green Island 7-24-1989 by L.L. No. 1-1989. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings as indicated:
- A separate vehicle designed for human habitation and which can be attached or detached from a pickup truck.
- A vehicular, portable dwelling structure designed to be used for recreational purposes. This includes a travel trailer, so identified by the manufacturer; a pickup camper; a folding tent trailer; and a motorized camper where the camping portion is an integral part of the self-propelled vehicle.
- MOTOR HOME
- A self-contained vehicle designed for human habitation, with its own motive power and with a passageway from the body of the home to the driver's front passenger's seat.
- An individual, firm, partnership, corporation or association of persons.
- A vehicle without motive power designed for carrying persons or property on its own and to be drawn by a vehicle with motive power. The term "trailer" shall include but shall not be limited to horse trailers, boat trailers and skimobile trailers.
No person shall detach any automobile, trailer, camper, camper-trailer or trailer from its source of motive power and permit the same to stand in any public street or place within the territorial limits of the Village of Green Island, Albany County, New York.
No person shall use a camper, camper-trailer, motor home or trailer as a habitation or as a shed or outhouse within the territorial limits of the Village of Green Island, Albany County, New York.
Any violation of this chapter shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $250 or imprisonment for a term not to exceed 15 days, or both. Each day that such violation shall continue shall constitute a separate offense.