[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Hartland: Art. I, 12-12-1991 by L.L. No. 2-1991. Amendments noted where applicable.]
[Adopted 12-12-1991 by L.L. No. 2-1991]
For the purpose of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any highway, street or road within the Town of Hartland outside of the Village of Middleport, except state highways.
- PARK OR PARKING
- The standing or parking of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, otherwise than temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers.
- Any person, firm, association, corporation or legal representative acting individually or jointly.
- The duly elected Town Superintendent of Highways of the Town of Hartland.
- Every device in, upon or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, except devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks.
[Amended 9-10-2015 by L.L. No. 4-2015]
It shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle on a highway within the Town of Hartland between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. from November 1 of any year to April 1 of the year immediately following, or at any other such time when the presence on the highway of such vehicle does or may interfere with, hinder or hamper snow plowing or snow removal operations.
The Superintendent is hereby authorized to remove and store or cause to be removed and stored by a private contractor any vehicle parked in violation of this article. The Superintendent is authorized to prohibit the release of any such vehicle so removed until the cost to the Town, as certified by the Superintendent, of removal, including towing and storage, shall have been paid to the Town Clerk.
The Superintendent is hereby authorized to request any law enforcement agency or officer having geographical jurisdiction within the Town to enforce this article by issuing appropriate tickets or violation notices to any person violating the provisions of § 103-2 hereof, and the Superintendent is authorized to file an information charging such violation with the Town Justice.
A violation of this article shall constitute a traffic infraction, and any person violating this article shall be liable to a fine of not more than $250 or imprisonment for not more than 15 days, or both, for each such violation.