[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Township of Upper Chichester 11-17-1987 by Ord. No. 456 (Ch. 13, Part 4, of the 1987 Code of Ordinances). Amendments noted where applicable.]
Alcoholic beverages — See Ch. 155.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
- CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
- Drug substance or immediate precursor as defined in the Pennsylvania Controlled Substance Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, 35 P.S. § 780-101 et seq. (1972), as hereafter amended, supplemented, modified or reenacted by the General Assembly of Pennsylvania.
- DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- Any object, device, instrument, apparatus or contrivance the primary and traditionally exclusive use of which is involved with the illegal use or possession of any and all controlled substances as defined by the laws of Pennsylvania.
- IMMEDIATE PRECURSOR
- Substance which under the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Health is a principal compound commonly used or produced primarily for use, and which is an immediate chemical intermediary used or likely to be used in the manufacture of a controlled substance.
- TRADITIONALLY EXCLUSIVE USE
- Use which is primary and inherent as opposed to secondary and incidental, and is associated with certain knowledge or beliefs derived from statements of contemporary persons and handed down through a considerable period of time.
No person shall possess for sale or other distribution, sell, lease, trade, give or display for sale, any types of drug paraphernalia.
No person shall advertise for the sale, lease, trade or gift of any type of drug paraphernalia.
[Amended 12-8-1988 by Ord. No. 465]
Any person, firm or corporation who shall violate any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000, together with the costs of prosecution, and, in default of payment of such fine and costs, shall be subject to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 30 days. Every day that a violation of this chapter continues shall constitute a separate offense.