City of Florissant, MO
St. Louis County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Cross References — Buildings and building regulations, ch. 500; regulation of video service providers, ch. 610; emergency management, ch. 240; electricity, §§505.040 et seq.; fire prevention and protection, ch. 215; flood damage prevention and control, ch. 415; garbage, rubbish and litter, ch. 220; health and sanitation, ch. 225; utility license tax, §§605.327 et seq.; parks and recreation, ch. 245; planning and community development, ch. 400; plumbing, §§505.060 et seq.; streets and sidewalks, ch. 530; subdivision regulations, ch. 410; zoning regulations, ch. 405.
Cross References — Washroom and lavatory facilities in business establishments, §500.050.
[Code 1980 §§22-1 — 22-2; CC 1990 §24-26]
It shall be unlawful for the owner of any property fronting or abutting on any street, alley or easement where a public sanitary sewer exists to fail or neglect to provide such building or house with an inside water closet, to provide the same with water and to connect the same with the public sanitary sewer so that such water closet may be ready for use in the usual and ordinary way.
Any house or premises kept without the facilities and connections specified in Subsection (A) shall be deemed a menace to public health.
[Code 1980 §22-3; CC 1990 §24-27]
It shall be unlawful to connect to or to permit the flow of water from roofs, driveways, yards, courts or paved areas into a sewer designed or used solely for sanitary or foul water sewage. Water from such areas shall be drained into stormwater sewers but, if not accessible, then into the street gutter or otherwise disposed of.
[Code 1980 §22-4; CC 1990 §24-28]
It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully or by design obstruct, dam, fill in or otherwise change the grade of any public surface drain for stormwater where the same has been located on any easement granted or dedicated for such purpose so as to cause the waters which normally flow through such drain to back up or be diverted onto the property of other persons or upon other public property or to maintain such obstruction, dam and fill in or change or grade without obtaining permission therefor in writing from the Director of Public Works.
[Code 1980 §22-5; CC 1990 §24-29]
Whenever complaint shall be made concerning the damming up, filling in, obstruction or change of grade of surface water drains over public easements, the Director of Public Works shall investigate and make inspection concerning the same and in the event he/she shall find that any person has obstructed, dammed, filled in or changed the grade of such surface water drain so as to cause the flow of surface water to be stopped, backed up or diverted onto private or public property, he/she shall notify the person responsible for such obstruction, damming, fill-in or change of grade of the surface water drain and in the event the person so responsible cannot be ascertained, the owner of the land on which such easement is located or the tenant thereof shall remove such obstruction, dam, fill-in or grade change within ten (10) days after receipt of such notice and failure upon the part of such person to remove such obstruction, dam, fill-in or grade change within ten (10) days of such notice shall be prima facie proof of willfulness of his/her act in so obstructing or diverting the flow of water over such surface water drain and such obstruction shall be deemed a nuisance.