[R.O. 2003 §701.010; Ord. No. 589 §I, 1-7-1999]
Purpose. The purpose of this Chapter is:
Application. This Chapter shall apply to all premises served by the public drinking water system of the City of Buckner.
This Chapter will be reasonably interpreted by the water purveyor. It is the purveyor's intent to ban the use of lead-based material in the construction or modification of the City's drinking water system or private plumbing connected to the City's system. The cooperation of all consumers is required to implement the lead ban.
If, in the judgment of the water purveyor or his authorized representative, lead-base materials have been used in new construction or modifications after January 1, 1989, due notice shall be given to the consumer. The consumer shall immediately comply by having the lead-base materials removed from the plumbing system and replaced with lead-free materials. If the lead-base materials are not removed from the plumbing system, the water purveyor shall have the right to discontinue water service to the premises.
[R.O. 2003 §701.020; Ord. No. 589 §II, 1-7-1999; Ord. No. 984 § 1, 7-7-2016]
The following definitions shall apply in the interpretation and enforcement of this Chapter:
- The owner or person in control of any premises supplied by or in any manner connected to a public water system.
- LEAD-BASE MATERIALS
- Any material containing lead in excess of the quantities specified in the definition of "lead-free" as set out in this Section.
- 1. When used with respect to solder and flux, refers to solders and flux containing not more than two-tenths of one percent (0.2%) lead; and
- 2. 4. When used with respect to pipes and pipe fittings, refers to pipes and pipe fittings containing not more than twenty-five one hundredth of one percent (0.25%) lead.
- PUBLIC DRINKING WATER SYSTEM
- Any publicly or privately owned water system supplying water to the general public which is satisfactory for drinking, culinary and domestic purposes and meets the requirements of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
- WATER PURVEYOR
- The owner, operator, or individual in responsible charge of a public water system.
[R.O. 2003 §701.030; Ord. No. 589 §III, 1-7-1999]
No water service connection shall be installed or maintained to any premises where lead base materials were used in new construction or modifications of the drinking water plumbing after January 1, 1989.