City of El Paso, IL
Woodford County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the City Council of the City of El Paso as Ch. 15.04 of the 1979 Code. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Building construction — See Ch. 133.
Streets, sidewalks and public property — See Ch. 255.
Zoning — See Ch. 315.
[Amended 2-6-2017 by Ord. No. 994]
No person, firm or corporation shall move any building on, through or over any street, alley, sidewalk or other public place in the City without having obtained a permit therefor from the Director of Public Service.
Applications for such permits shall be made in writing to the Director and shall state thereon the object to be moved, the proposed route and the number of days it is intended that the building should occupy any portion of any street, alley, sidewalk or other public place.
Every person, firm or corporation applying for a permit under this chapter shall submit with his application a cash bond with lawful corporate surety to be approved by the Council, conditioned on his compliance with all the provisions of this chapter, and agreeing to pay and hold the City harmless from any claim which may be made against it by reason of the occupation of any street, alley, sidewalk or other public place by the building or structure moved, and to pay for any damage done to the street, sidewalk, alley or other public place as a result of the moving operation.
Whenever a street, sidewalk or alley is blocked by a house or structure which is being moved, warnings to that effect shall be placed and maintained by the person, firm or corporation in charge of moving the building or structure so as to warn vehicles and persons from entering that portion of the street, alley or sidewalk so blocked. Warning lamps or lights shall be used at night so as to guard against any person or vehicles colliding with the building or structure.
Whenever it is necessary to interfere with wires or cables of a public utility in moving a building, the terms of any special or franchise ordinance governing shall apply, and the bond specified in such ordinance shall be given. If no such terms apply, then those in charge of moving the building shall first make satisfactory arrangements with the public utility whose wires or cables will be involved.