[HISTORY: Adopted by the Township Council of the Township of Evesham 8-5-2014 by Ord. No. 19-8-2014. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Fire Department — See Ch. 10.
Editor's Note: This ordinance was originally adopted as Ch. 76 but was renumbered to maintain the organizational structure of the Code.
For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms, phrases, words and their derivations shall have the meanings ascribed herein. Words used in the present tense shall include the future, words in the plural number shall include the singular number and words in the singular number shall include the plural number. The word "shall" is always mandatory and not merely directory.
- ACTIVE VOLUNTEER MEMBER
- Individuals residing in the Township of Evesham who are volunteer members in the Evesham Township Fire District No. 1 who meet the definition of active member as established by the volunteer organization as are adopted to facilitate an active viable volunteer force of emergency responders.
- CHILDREN OF ACTIVE VOLUNTEER MEMBERS
- Must reside in the Township of Evesham and be under 18 years of age.
- Limited to those charges listed below which are fully retained by the Township as revenue. Specifically excluded is any portion of the fee collected by the Township on behalf of another entity, including but not limited to the state, county or outside vendor.
- VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
- Evesham Township Fire District Number 1.
All active volunteer members of Evesham Township Fire District Number 1 as defined above shall be entitled to the following benefits:
Reduction in fees 50% for any Township-sponsored recreation activity for children of active volunteer members.
Exemption from the requirement to pay the fee associated with inspections of homes for resale.
Exemption from the Township's portion of dog or cat license fees.
One additional automated waste container shall be available to the principal residence of an active volunteer member.
A discount of 30% off regular Indian Spring Country Club greens fee, not to be combined with any other offer, special or coupon. This applies only to the active volunteer member and not to others who may be in his/her group.
A discount of $25 on residential zoning permits.
On or about January 1 of each calendar year, the Fire District Clerk shall submit to the Township Clerk a list of all individuals who meet the definition for active volunteer member status, updated to add those individuals who have completed their probationary period or to delete individuals who no longer meet the criteria for active volunteer member status.
All active volunteer members and their families, where applicable, must comply with all registration procedures and complete all application forms established by the Township.
No exemption shall be allowed for the following fees:
Fees, licenses and permits associated with any for-profit activity.
Inclusion in programs when the registration is received after maximum registration has been reached.
Fees and escrows required by either the Planning Board or the Board of Adjustment in connection with any site plan or subdivision application.
Escrows associated with engineering inspections.
The posting of performance guarantees where required or permitted by law.