[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town of Burlington 1-24-1957. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Pursuant to the authority granted by Chapters 124 and 126 of the Connecticut General Statutes, there is hereby created a Planning and Zoning Commission with all the powers and duties specified in Chapters 124 and 126, as amended, for the Town of Burlington.
Editor's Note: On October 5, 1959, it was voted to dissolve the Planning Commission created in April 1953 and voted as follows: "That the zoning commission be hereby designated as the Planning and Zoning Commission and the number of members be established at seven (7) – the present zoning board and two (2) additional members to be named by the Board of Selectmen to act until the next biennial election."
[Amended 2-2-1961; 12-21-1964; 4-23-2019]
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall be elected as provided in Chapter 3 of the Charter.
[Amended 10-5-1959; 2-2-1961; 4-23-2019]
No more than five members of any one political party may be members of the Commission at one time.
Any vacancy in the Planning and Zoning Commission shall be filled by the Board of Selectmen.
The Board of Selectmen is authorized and directed pursuant to the provisions of C.G.S. § 8-1b to appoint three electors to serve as alternate members of the Planning and Zoning Commission until June 30, 1974; to appoint their successors for terms of two years to expire on June 30 in each even-numbered year; and to fill the unexpired portion of any term whenever there shall be fewer than three such alternate members able and willing to so serve.