As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Every vehicle operated or driven upon a public highway by any power other than muscular power. The term "motor vehicle" shall exclude fire, police and emergency vehicles.
- PARKING FIELDS
- Any part of land designated by the Town to be used by the public for the purpose of parking motor vehicles.
- TOWN BEACH PASS
- Any daily parking pass or valid seasonal pass or permit for a motor vehicle issued by the Town Commissioner of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs.
- TOWN RESIDENT PARKING PERMIT
- Any daily parking pass or valid Town of Babylon resident parking permit for a motor vehicle issued by the Town.
Any person or entity who shall make, issue, or use any imitation or counterfeit of an official Town of Babylon beach pass or Town resident parking permit or display, or cause or permit to be displayed, in a Town parking field a fictitious permit or permit issued for another vehicle shall be guilty of an infraction and shall, upon conviction thereof, be subject to a fine of $500.
It shall be presumed that the last registrant of any motor vehicle which displays a counterfeit permit allowed or permitted the display of any counterfeit permit or permit issued for another vehicle parked in a Town parking field. This presumption may be rebutted by clear and convincing evidence.