[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Council of the Village of Ridgewood 4-13-2005 by Ord. No. 2934. Amendments noted where applicable.]
No person, including any individual or entity, shall discharge or permit the discharge of a product called "Poppers" in or along the public streets, sidewalks, parks, or public places in the Village of Ridgewood at any time.
No person, including any individual or entity, shall sell a product called "Poppers" in or along the public streets, sidewalks, parks, public places, or from any business conducted in the Village of Ridgewood, from May 15 to July 15, both inclusive, and in December of any year.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any area in the Village of Ridgewood dedicated as a public park or used for park, recreation, or conservation purposes.
- Includes the product name "Pop Pop Snapper" or "Fun Snaps" or any product, including the aforementioned, which consists of a ball of gunpowder rolled up in paper intended to be utilized as a toy firework that when thrown or dropped onto hard surfaces or otherwise detonated causes a "pop" or "snap" noise.
- PUBLIC PLACES
- Any place owned, leased, or utilized for the benefit of the public by or on behalf of the Village of Ridgewood, or any governmental agency.
- The area within the public right-of-way adjoining streets in the Village of Ridgewood.
- Any street laid out and used as a public thoroughfare in the Village of Ridgewood.
A violation of this chapter shall subject the violator to the penalties provided in § 1-15, Violations and penalties, of the Ridgewood Code.