[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Council of the Village of Ridgewood 4-14-1998 by Ord. No. 2624. Amendments noted where applicable.]
No person, including any individual or entity, shall discharge or permit the discharge of a product called "Silly String" in or along the public streets, sidewalks, parks or public places in the Village of Ridgewood at any time.
No person, including any individual or entity, shall sell a product called "Silly String" in or along the public streets, sidewalks, parks, public places or from any business conducted in the Village of Ridgewood from May 15 to July 15, both inclusive, and in December of any year.
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- Any area in the Village of Ridgewood dedicated as a public park or used for park, recreation or conservation purposes.
- PUBLIC PLACES
- Any place owned, leased or utilized for the benefit of the public by or on behalf of the Village of Ridgewood or any governmental agency.
- The area within the public right-of-way adjoining streets in the Village of Ridgewood.
- SILLY STRING
- A putty-like substance which is shot and/or propelled by use of an aerosol can and/or similar dispenser and which, when so shot/propelled, emerges from said can/dispenser in a string-like form, the same being sold under the product name of "Silly String" and/or other product names.
- Any street laid out and used as a public thoroughfare in the Village of Ridgewood.
A violation of this chapter shall subject the violator to the penalties provided in § 1-15, Violations and penalties, of the Ridgewood Code.