Town of Griswold, CT
New London County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Special Town Meeting of the Town of Griswold 1-6-1976. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Building construction — See Ch. 127.
Subdivision of land — See Ch. 223.
The Building Official shall review all building permit applications for new construction or substantial improvements to determine whether proposed building sites will be reasonably safe from flooding. If a proposed building site is in a location that has a flood hazard, any proposed new construction or substantial improvement, including prefabricated and mobile homes, must be designed (or modified) and anchored to prevent flotation, collapse or lateral movement of the structure; use construction materials and utility equipment that are resistant to flood damage; and use construction methods and practices that will minimize flood damage.
The Building Official shall review subdivision proposals and other proposed new developments to assure that all such proposals are consistent with the need to minimize flood damage; that all public utilities and facilities, such as sewer, gas, electrical and water systems, are located, elevated and constructed to minimize or eliminate flood damage; and that adequate drainage is provided so as to reduce exposure to flood hazard.
The Building Official shall require new or replacement water supply systems and/or sanitary sewage systems to be designed to minimize or eliminate infiltration of floodwaters into the systems and discharges from the systems into floodwaters and shall require on-site waste disposal systems to be located so as to avoid impairment of them or contamination from them during flooding.