[HISTORY: Adopted by the Village Board of the Village of Elm Grove 7-12-1999. Amendments noted where applicable.]
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- MASSAGE PARLOR
- A place or establishment where the primary or secondary function is to offer massage or massage therapy or bodywork.
- MASSAGE THERAPIST OR BODYWORKER
- A person who engages in massage therapy or bodywork.
- A. The science and healing art that uses manual actions to palpate and manipulate the soft tissue of the human body and includes determining whether massage therapy or bodywork is appropriate or contraindicated or whether a referral to another health care practitioner is appropriate.
- B. Does not include making a medical diagnosis or any service or procedure for which a license to practice medicine or physical therapy is required by law.
No person shall engage in massage therapy or bodywork within the village on an individual who is not a related family member unless such person has first been issued a license of registration as a massage therapist or bodyworker pursuant to § 440.981, Wis. Stats.
No person shall within the village carry on any aspect of the business of operating a massage parlor or administering massage or performing massage therapy or bodywork in exchange for any type of consideration in or outside the village, unless each person administering massage, massage therapy or bodywork holds a license of registration as described in Subsection A of this section and engages in such activity in a permitted zoning district.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter or any rule or regulation made under this chapter shall be subject to a penalty as provided in § 1-16 of this Code, except that the forfeiture shall not be less than $100.