Village of Elm Grove, WI
Waukesha County
By using eCode360 you agree to be legally bound by the Terms of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms of Use, please do not use eCode360.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Whenever the public necessity, convenience, general welfare or good zoning practice require, the Village Board may, by ordinance, change the district boundaries or amend, change or supplement the regulations established by this chapter or amendments thereto. Such change or amendment shall be subject to the review and recommendation of the Village Plan Commission.
A change or amendment may be initiated by the Village Board, Village Plan Commission or by a petition of one or more of the owners or lessees of property within the area proposed to be changed.
Petitions for any change to the district boundaries or amendments to the regulations shall be filed with the Village Clerk, who shall present each petition to the Village Board. The petition shall describe the premises to be rezoned or the regulations to be amended, list the reasons justifying the petition, specify the proposed use and have attached the following:
Plot plan, drawn to a scale of one inch equals 100 feet, showing the area proposed to be rezoned, its location, its dimensions, the location and classification of adjacent zoning districts and the location and existing use of all properties within 300 feet of the area proposed to be rezoned.
Owners' names and addresses of all properties lying within 100 feet of the area proposed to be rezoned.
Additional information required by the Plan Commission or Village Board.
The Village Board shall submit each petition to the Village Plan Commission, and the Plan Commission shall review all proposed changes and amendments within the corporate limits and recommend that the petition be granted as requested, modified or denied. The recommendation shall be made in writing to the Village Board.
[Amended 4-22-2008]
The Village Board shall hold a public hearing upon each proposed change or amendment recommended by the Plan Commission, giving notice of the time, place and the change or amendment proposed by posting a notice for at least 14 days prior to the public hearing, pursuant to Ch. 985, Wis. Stats. The Village Board shall also give at least 10 days' prior written notice to the clerk of any municipality within 1,000 feet of any land to be affected by the proposed change or amendment.
Following such hearing and after careful consideration of the Plan Commission's recommendations, the Village Board shall vote on the passage of the proposed change or amendment.