[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Naples as indicated in article histories. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Nuisances — See Ch. 225.
[Adopted 2-20-2002 by L.L. No. 1-2002]
The purpose of this article is to establish rules and regulations appertaining to the use, management and control of an area of land, title to which is held by the Village and Town of Naples, and which shall be known as the "Naples Transfer Station."
Said area shall hereafter be referred to as the "Naples Transfer Station" and its use shall at all times hereafter be subject to the provisions contained herein as well as to such provisions of 6 NYCRR 360 as shall have specifically been incorporated herein by law.
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS
- Refuse resulting from construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures. Such wastes include bricks, concrete and other masonry materials, soil, rock, stones and lumber.
- HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE
- Any appliance of a type customarily used in a residence and shall include, by way of illustration and not of limitation, refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, toasters, blenders, hot-water heaters, vacuum cleaners, humidifiers, air conditioners, television sets, radios, stereos or components thereof.
- The employee or firm or corporation who or which contracts
with the Village to operate the Transfer Station.[Amended 7-16-2008 by L.L. No. 4-2008]
- Any individual, public or private corporation, political subdivision, government, municipality, industry, copartnership, association, firm, trust, estate or other legal entity.
- Anything intended to be deposited at any site within the Naples Transfer Station.
- The contents of a septic tank, cesspool or other individual sewage treatment facility which receives domestic or commercial sewage wastes.
- TRANSFER STATION
- A combination of structures, machinery or devices at a place or facility where solid waste is taken from collection vehicles and placed in larger transportation units for movement to another solid waste management facility, and also includes an area where brush, tree limbs, tree trunks, logs and other similar materials are deposited.
Except as hereafter provided, all refuse shall be deposited in the compactor and shall be securely placed in a bound trash bag or other container in such a way as to permit satisfactory, safe and secure handling. Each such trash bag or other container shall be transparent so as to permit the examination of the contents thereof by the operator. Any container not so prepared may be rejected by the operator. No container shall contain more than 30 gallons.
Construction and demolition material, brush, trees, logs and similar substance, together with any household appliances or parts thereof, and motor vehicle parts of no more than 100 pounds in weight, shall be deposited only in areas designated by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Naples.
No fires shall be permitted in the area subject to this article unless first authorized, and then supervised, by an officer or agent of the Department of Environmental Conservation.
None of the following refuse may be deposited in the Naples Transfer Station at any time:
No load having a volume in excess of 350 cubic feet may be deposited at the Naples Transfer Station.
No commercial refuse haulers or contractors may use the Naples Transfer Station for refuse generated or collected in their business operations.
All recyclable materials must be presented to a Transfer Station attendant in an open container so that the Transfer Station attendant may determine whether such materials may be recycled. Materials which may not be recycled shall be placed in the trash compactor by the person bringing such materials to the Transfer Station.
The charges levied upon each person who uses the Naples Transfer Station shall be established from time to time by resolution of the Village Board of Trustees.
The charges levied upon each person who uses the Naples Transfer Station shall be kept track of by means of punch cards which shall be issued by the Village Clerk, the Town Clerk or the Transfer Station operator to each such person upon payment for the same. No person shall be allowed to deposit any thing at the Naples Transfer Station without first providing his card to the operator and having it marked or punched.
Each card shall be punched or marked by the operator according the number of containers or the size of the load deposited by each user of the Naples Transfer station.