[HISTORY: Adopted by the Town Board of the Town of Ontario 12-10-1990 by L.L. No. 3-1990. Amendments noted where applicable.]
The following terms shall have the meanings designated:
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- Every vehicle operated or driven upon a public highway which is propelled by any power other than muscular power, excluding devices driven for the disabled, vehicles which run on rails or tracks, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, fire, police and emergency vehicles or farm tractors.
- The standing of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, other than temporarily for the purpose of and while actually engaged in loading or unloading merchandise or passengers.
- A public highway, roadway, street, drive or avenue.
- A walk for pedestrians at the side of a street; the paved area between the street and a building intended for use by pedestrians and including any areas of macadam or paving set off by striping from the area of pavement intended for vehicular traffic. "Sidewalk" shall also include the paved area between the street and vacant land on those parcels without any structures.
- The Town of Ontario, New York.[Added 12-15-2010 by L.L. No. 2-2010]
- Every device in, upon or by which any person or property is or may be transported or brought upon a highway, except devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks.