[HISTORY: Adopted by the Borough Council of the Borough of East Stroudsburg 5-17-1994 by Ord. No. 1014, approved 5-17-1994. Amendments noted where applicable.]
Editor's Note: This ordinance also provided that the fees be retroactive to May 1, 1994, per the agreement.
This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the "Borough of East Stroudsburg Community Antenna Television Franchise Ordinance."
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- The Borough of East Stroudsburg, Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
- BOROUGH COUNCIL
- The governing body of the Borough of East Stroudsburg, Monroe County, Pennsylvania.
- COMMUNITY ANTENNA TELEVISION (CATV)
- An arrangement or combination of apparatus whereby television signals broadcast over the air are received at one or more towers, antennas or other devices from television stations licensed by the Federal Communications Commission and other suitable devise to television receiving sets or subscribers to such service.
- Blue Ridge Cable Television, Inc.
It is hereby levied and imposed upon the cable company a franchise fee of 5% of the cable company gross revenues derived from connections within the Borough of East Stroudsburg as outlined and defined in the franchise agreement of May 1, 1994.
Editor's Note: Copies of the franchise agreement are on file in the office of the Borough Secretary.
The company shall annually pay a fee to the Borough during the life of this chapter; said fee to be 5% of the gross annual receipts of the company arising within the Borough from monthly subscriber service charges; said fee being for the regulation and privilege of using the streets and alleys of the Borough for the operation of its system.