[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Supervisors of Bear Creek Township 8-1-1995 by Ord. No. 1-95. Amendments noted where applicable.]
This chapter shall be known as the "Bear Creek Township Disabled Vehicle Ordinance."
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- DISABLED MOTOR VEHICLE
- Any motor vehicle possessing one or more of the following characteristics:
- A. It is inoperable and has been stored in a residentially zoned area within Bear Creek Township for more than seven days.
- B. It lacks an engine, one or more tires or other essential part.
- C. It is kept in such a condition as to become a haven for vermin.
- D. It is maintained in a precarious or dangerous position of location.
- E. It has broken glass or other sharp edges.
- F. It presents a threat to the health, safety or welfare of the public.
- MOTOR VEHICLE
- A vehicle which is self-propelled except one which is propelled solely by human power or by electric power obtained from overhead trolling wires, but not operated upon rails.
It shall be a violation of this chapter for any person to store a disabled motor vehicle, as defined by this chapter, within a residentially zoned area within Bear Creek Township.
Bear Creek Township is hereby authorized to enforce this chapter.
Any person(s) who violates any section of this chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be subject to a fine not to exceed $1,000, plus costs of prosecution, and in default thereof, shall be imprisoned for a term not to exceed 30 days. Each day a violation continues shall constitute a separate violation of this chapter.